Wolfson DAC confirmed for Galaxy S3!
Sep 7, 2012 at 5:07 AM Post #753 of 947
Quote:
At the end of the day its free and adds features that everyone with a S3 would appreciate, especially people who are on these forums so why not give it a try is all im saying! 

You obviously havent used the Kernel in a long time and saying its unstable is rather invalid tbh... I just want Sammy to release Jelly Bean so he can compile a new kernel for JB :D

It has been a little while since I've tried a Siyah kernel, that's true, though I did try a few versions with the Voodoo port.  I'll give the latest one a spin.  My point is simply that we can't say it's truly comparable to Voodoo until Supercurio releases his implementation and we can compare.

Sep 7, 2012 at 8:52 AM Post #754 of 947
Quote:
It has been a little while since I've tried a Siyah kernel, that's true, though I did try a few versions with the Voodoo port.  I'll give the latest one a spin.  My point is simply that we can't say it's truly comparable to Voodoo until Supercurio releases his implementation and we can compare.

Thats the thing its been months and its not here so people should just give Siyah a go as it will likely come close at least to the actual voodoo implementation when/if it comes out

Well in features it is truely comparible...gain contol to power 600Ohm cans...hardware EQ...and increase SQ (granted not by much but to my ears it did) 

Why would you not want these features plus many more? And kernel is as stable as the stock one!

Sep 7, 2012 at 6:23 PM Post #756 of 947
Quote:
I'm on Foxhound.  Raffael's excellent theming makes it the most palatable Touchwiz ROM for me.  Sadly, CM10 & Paranoid are not options since they lack USB audio functionality.

Haha...I keep drifting between Foxhound v1.4.4 (ICS) to the newest JB realese...to CM10 and then Paranoid, I just cant decide lol

Sep 8, 2012 at 8:08 AM Post #757 of 947
I have a Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 with CWM and root access. Could someone recommend a good ROM (Blazer v1.8 ROM doesn't seem to be compatible) and how to flash Siyah-s3-v1.5.2.tar or Siyah-s3-v1.5.2-CWM? I have attempted to flash through zip file on card and odin v3.04 several times but the GS3 doesn't seem to boot up so I end up using SWM recovery to reflash to stock backup. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sep 8, 2012 at 11:54 AM Post #759 of 947
What music player are you using with your sgs3's?
Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I personally use poweramp. Its one of the few that has an EQ section that can be used in conjunction with the Pico.

Kojaku

Sep 8, 2012 at 6:54 PM Post #760 of 947
Quote:

I also use PlayerPro...I like the interface and how it downloads all of my album art automatically :D 

Loads of people use Poweramp (has 10 or 12 band EQ where PlayerPro has 5) but i dont like the UI at all

With flat EQ I cant hear a difference, there are themes for both players I believe 

Sep 9, 2012 at 3:38 AM Post #761 of 947

I personally use poweramp. Its one of the few that has an EQ section that can be used in conjunction with the Pico.

Kojaku

Thanks for your replies.
I've used power amp on my old s2 but now on the same I actually find the stock player sounding quite good. I tweaked its eq settings a bit though but it's working fine for me.

When I get my vsonic gr07 bass edition I'll try power amp again. My only gripe with pa is that it uses a lot of battery.

I'll also give player pro a shot.

Quote:

I also use PlayerPro...I like the interface and how it downloads all of my album art automatically :D 

Loads of people use Poweramp (has 10 or 12 band EQ where PlayerPro has 5) but i dont like the UI at all

With flat EQ I cant hear a difference, there are themes for both players I believe 

Sep 10, 2012 at 7:35 AM Post #762 of 947
 I always used PowerAmp on my S2 as it needed some serious heavy-duty EQ-tweaking to sound listenable.  On my S3 I'm still using PowerAmp, but at this point it's mostly out of habit as I can now enjoy music with a flat EQ.  Standard music players are fine on the S3, in my experience.

Sep 11, 2012 at 2:39 AM Post #763 of 947
After much cable swapping and testing, it seems I have finally got the international s3 to work with the Pico dac/amp combo. As Danba has already mentioned, (big thanks for Danba's help) the international S3 requires an USB hub for it to work with the Pico, as it seems the hub is needed to sync the USB 1.1 connection to the usb 2.0 connection on the S3. The USB hub does NOT need to be powered (don't know why my first attempts with an USB hub did not work). Now I just need to figure out how to lug around a USB hub, Pico, S3, and cables conveniently...

Sep 11, 2012 at 5:19 AM Post #764 of 947
Quote:
After much cable swapping and testing, it seems I have finally got the international s3 to work with the Pico dac/amp combo. As Danba has already mentioned, (big thanks for Danba's help) the international S3 requires an USB hub for it to work with the Pico, as it seems the hub is needed to sync the USB 1.1 connection to the usb 2.0 connection on the S3. The USB hub does NOT need to be powered (don't know why my first attempts with an USB hub did not work). Now I just need to figure out how to lug around a USB hub, Pico, S3, and cables conveniently...

Interesting, will have to try with my International S3 (pleased I went ahead and got the US one though). Makes me wonder if nnotis one is working with his International S3 because of the cable he is using???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back