WMP... it doesn't allow to retag songs ON the device?!
Oct 6, 2008 at 3:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

AdamP

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys, it's been over a year since I last posted here but I have recently got the bug again. Anyhow, my 5G iPod crapped out so I went out and bought the NWZ-829 from Sony and I have so say the SQ is absolutely stunning paired with some E500s.

Now, to my issue...

What I would do on the iPod is just quicky create a playlist and drag and drop. To rename the files on the iPod there were no issues.

Now with WMP11 I first have to drag the file into the library and THEN press 'Sync'. Which copies the files you selected from your library to sync.

Here is the dilemma, I want to change some info on a track on the device itself. I don't know how to do this. What I have to do is change the name in the library and then copy it back to the device.

I can do it in Winamp Pro but it's tedious. It's much faster to click on the IDTag in question and quickly type the new name instead of clicking next and sifting through dialogs.

Anybody have any solutions? I tried the MP3Tag utility that I read about by searching some threads but I believe it cannot read the directories because the Sony connects via MTP.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back