WITHDRAWN! Recabled & modded BeyerDynamic 600ohm DT880 Edition
Oct 21, 2009 at 11:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

DynaMike

Head-Fier
Hi,

just recently bought these recabled & modded DT880s in 600ohm audiophile version (2008 edition) but my amplifier is just too weak to drive them properly...
frown.gif

Such a sweet soundstage and low bass but power is what they need. So...

They are in perfect shape & here´s what the original seller (32y0) mentioned about the mods done with these cans:

Quote:

I recabled the headphone using Qables (NL) solid core silver wire, wich I litz braided. After that I covered the cable with heatshrink and red techflex. The cable ends with a 1/4'' neutrik plug.
Important note: I had some dificulties making the holes for the dual entry recable, so the holes weren't as pretty as I hoped they would be. I masked the holes with some tape, this can also be seen in the pictures.

I also bought Jmoney Audio Lambskin Beyerdynamic Ear Pads, wich in my opinion further improved the sound quality and the wearing comfort. Please read Skylab's review for this; here´s the link. These retail at 55 USD plus shipping.

I will also include the original Beyerdynamic earpads, the original leather headphone case and the original box. or more information you can take a look at the Beyerdynamic DT880 600 ohm Appreciation / Discussion thread

These are exactly the same up to date DT880 Edtions to order from BeyerDynamics Manufaktur webpage (you´ll have to choose the Manufaktur upgrade of 20 Euro to get the audiophile 600 ohm version).

I´d just like to get back what I paid for them some days ago which was roughly 260 Euros / 390 USD & they are located in germany.
Shipping worldwide is no problem & costs can be split. PayPal is no problem (+3%) & please have a look at my feedback.

Thanks for your interest

Micha, germany
beyersmile.png

Oct 21, 2009 at 12:35 PM Post #2 of 8

apatN

Headphoneus Supremus
That's pretty fast. You have had them for only one day, am I right? What amplifier did you use if I may ask?

Oct 21, 2009 at 1:11 PM Post #3 of 8

DynaMike

Head-Fier
Hi,

yes - took a three hour session & sorry to say that they are underpowered with my WooAudio WA2 standard version...
ph34r.gif

OTL-amps are not easy to pair with - my HD650s (APV V3 recable) seem to be far easier to satisfy.

If you can prodvide the "drive" needed for the 600ohm version they should be remarkable headphones
- especially with the mods done by 32y0
tongue.gif

Cheers

Micha

Oct 21, 2009 at 9:28 PM Post #4 of 8

alvin sawdust

1000+ Head-Fier
Why don't you run them for a day or so to let them open up.They may not have been used for a while previously to you receiving them.Would have thought the woo would be able to drive them fine.
Just bought a AKG K340 and i thought they sounded crap for the first few hours,so i left them running out of my minidisc headphone socket.When i came back to them that evening they were a different beast completely.

Oct 22, 2009 at 2:20 AM Post #5 of 8

DynaMike

Head-Fier
@ Alvin

they don´t sound like crap at all - due to my "flimsy" OTL-amp they are just half as "loud" as my Senns & when I turn up the volume to 2/3 or 3/4 clipping starts to occur...
triportsad.gif

It´s just a mismatch as these are highly recommended headphones by lots of memebers (otherwise I wouldn´t have bought them within an instance in the first place). Just have a look at the recommendation thread linked in the initial ad.

But thanks for the advice & help - much appreciated!
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread