Withdrawn (Local Interest): Ack! dACK! 2.0 w/ Ultra-Resolution Option
Nov 28, 2009 at 8:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

fipple8

New Head-Fier
Excellent, highly musical DAC for a computer/Redbook front-end, non-oversampling and SLA battery-powered. First-rate parts quality, engineering, and construction reflect it's original $880 selling price. I'm the unit's second owner; bought it in early 2007, and it's in excellent condition. It has it's original battery, but I've used it sparingly: for a few months in 2007 when I used it in my "big rig," then occasionally this year for a computer headphone set-up. During the time when I wasn't using it, it was always plugged-in to its smart charger so the battery has been kept well-maintained and conditioned. I have a different headphone set-up now and other DACs so its time for this one to find a new home. Original box, manual, and Ack! Industries "Digital Cable" are included with the dAck! 2.0 and charger, and I always double box for shipping. New batteries ($75.00, if you ever need one), service, and plenty of free advice are available from the DAC's designer, Chris Own, who is a genuinely friendly guy and unbelievably smart. (Here's a link to Chris's website, Christopher S Own - Portfolio.) More info about the DAC itself is at Ack! Industries.

The attached pictures show the unit, accessories, and the set-up I had. Input for the Ack! dAck! is BNC-only so to use it with a computer, you'll probably need a USB-to-coaxial converter, such as the Trends UD 10.1. (My amp was a Ray Samuels SR-71 and this trio really made beautiful music together.)

I'm asking $275 + shipping, money order or PayPal. I don't have any Head-Fi feedback, but links for my Audiogon and eBay feedback are below the signature.

Dec 1, 2009 at 4:07 AM Post #2 of 4

fipple8

New Head-Fier
Bump, with price drop: $350 => $325.

Dec 5, 2009 at 10:37 PM Post #3 of 4

fipple8

New Head-Fier
Bump, with "When Hell Freezes Over!" price drop: $275 + shipping. (It actually SNOWED yesterday here in Houston.
devil_face.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread