WITHDRAWN ... FS or trade: UM3X (trade for W3)
Nov 27, 2009 at 12:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

tstarn06

Banned
Note:

Two reasons for withdrawing the sale. One is the right driver has developed that annoying rattle/vibration that plagued other UM3X owners early on, and two, I tried out the large Complys with the 3Xs and the change is making me take a second look/listen. I have UM56s, but they are not as comfy as I had hoped for long-term use, so I decided to sell. Then, I saw someone posted that the large Complys worked for him, and they apparently do for me too. Anyway, sale is withdrawn for the time being. I need to deal with the vibration issue first. It's not that apparent on loud passages, but for standup bass, etc, it destroys the music.

I once owned the Westone W3s and sold them for a pair of UM3X. I find the UM3X to be a very good IEM, but I had to finally admit I miss the W3s, but can't afford both.

So I am selling the UM3X for $270 shipped CONUS (will sell international but buyer must pay Int. Priority Mail with tracking and insurance or take complete risk).

Or, as an alternative, anyone want to trade straight up for their W3s?

The UM3X are in perfect condition, about 3-4 months old. I do have some new Comply large (2 pr.) and also Shure Soft Flex (3 sizes). The Soft Flex are used, but could be cleaned. I also will include the small case and the Shure hard flex tips (never used), and whatever else I can find that would work with the UM3X.

Anyway interested let me know. (For trade, HF member must have positive feedback history).

Nov 27, 2009 at 1:44 AM Post #2 of 5

nwkid178

Head-Fier
Good luck finding someone for a trade... I almost got rid of my W3's for UM3x as well, after getting caught up in all the hype here at head-fi, but I like my W3's even if they are a little overbearing in the bass department
atsmile.gif

Nov 28, 2009 at 6:11 PM Post #3 of 5

tstarn06

Banned
I can always sell the UM3X and try to find a pair of W3s for sale, or buy something else. It's not like I don't find the UM3X to be an excellent phone, I guess I am not a neutral listener, and don't need a monitor but more of a fun IEM from the top tier level. I also have the UM56 sleeves, and they can be used with the W3s also.

So any traders out there?

Nov 28, 2009 at 10:00 PM Post #5 of 5

antonyfirst

Headphoneus Supremus
I have to admit that I have been staring at this thread for longer than I should (curse you, wallet!)
biggrin.gif
Good luck with the sale!

Users who are viewing this thread