WITHDRAWN: Etymotic ER-4P
post-143884
Post #1 of 7

JohnnyLightOn

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
---> UPDATE: I have withdrawn these from sale.

They haven't sold yet and I would like to have them around for those times I want to hear their sweet sounds. I never used them after the first couple weeks, and wanted another hobby item in their place (a Chris Reeves small Sebenza pocketknife). However, I think I might want a listen every now and then.

I told HappymaN that I'd sell them to him, and I will happily honor that if he wants, and ship them with my genunie best wishes. Otherwise, however, please consider them withdrawn.

FWIW, on another thread I remarked that I thought my $220 shipped was a good price for my almost-new Ety's despite an Ebay seller's $239+$10 shipping price for new ones. I said, "who knows what the final price at the end of the auction will be?" I still think my price was better, but I want to point out that this Ebay seller sells 5 at a time, so the ending price will probably still be $239. I overlooked that when I went to the Ebay page to check it out. Please forgive any confusion.

Best regards to all,

Johnny

(Previous post:

Hi All,

I have tinnitus (ringing in my ear)(not caused by headphones) and have decided not to use headphones for a while.

I have like-new ER-4P's, used at moderate volume for 4 or 5 hours total. I "used up" a pair of white tips and a pair of foam tips, in that I won't be including those (the box still has 2 pair of white and 4 pair of foam left). I never got wax on the transducers. They are basically like new. Sound quality is fantastic.

I'm asking $235, including insured Priority Mail delivery in the U.S.

Thanks,

Johnny
in Los Angeles)

post-144252
Post #2 of 7

JohnnyLightOn

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
PRICE DROP - Now $220, shipped.

This is $55 below retail shipped price for a pair that's only been used for a few hours. If you've been wanting to try the Etys but have balked at the price, maybe this is what you've been waiting for!

I don't think I'll lower the price any further--so don't wait, e-mail me today!

Johnny

post-144413
Post #3 of 7

BoardC3

500+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
YGPM

post-145519
Post #4 of 7

mulciber

Head-Fier
Reaction score
Quote:

PRICE DROP - Now $220, shipped.

Did you ever sell these, Johnny?

If I hadn't JUST bought a pair I would have jumped on these
in a second. You shouldn't really have any trouble selling them.

Sorry about your tinnitus, btw. I hope that works out as well
as possible for you.

DGI

post-145552
Post #5 of 7

JohnnyLightOn

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Thanks for the good wishes, DGI. I've had tinnitus for several years, but it was at a very low level. I bought the Etys and was just starting to break them in when I bought Koss KSC-35s. I listened to the Koss for a few hours a day while doing work on my laptop computer. I don't know if it was the way the computer produced sound (there were extraneous frequences, like a whine, in there, I could hear them when the music wasn't playing), but my tinnitus increased noticably. So I stopped using headphones altogether. It's gone back down almost to the level it was before headphone use.

I do still have the ER-4P's. If I don't sell them, I think I'll listen to them for a half hour a month just to enjoy their sound. They're the best "speakers" I've ever heard; once I realized what their bass sounded like, I was blown away.

Johnny

post-147448
Post #6 of 7

JohnnyLightOn

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Withdrawn...see first post in thread. (How do I change the thread header to say "WITHDRAWN:" ?)

post-147689
Post #7 of 7

bootman

King o'Ping
Reaction score
I think only a moderator can do this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)