With Both Good Looks and Strengths, FiiO FH5s, 2BA 2DD IEMs, Is Officially Released!
May 3, 2021 at 1:39 AM Post #61 of 104
just a bit south of LA. I really want to open one small Hi Fi store, but don’t really want to throw my money down to the toilet, because I will be up against Amazon and Aliexpress.

Brick and mortar is dead IMO
Hard to say, I think people will be hungry for a hands on experience post-pandemic. Keep the space small but well-stocked for listening, allow online or in-store purchase and I'll be in to bolster you often as I have family in Orange County, San Diego, and Palm Desert. I might even bring my wallet.

Seriously, you'd have to do this as much for love of gear and music as for money. There's Upscale Audio and The Source already in the area, I am sure you would find a different niche.

May 3, 2021 at 8:27 PM Post #63 of 104
In my opinion, the conditions in the States and in East Asia are quite different. In the States, most people drive to work. In this part of the world, people live in small apartments, there’s little room for speakers, and they normally take public transport to work. And top of that, return policies in the States are more lenient. Having said that, if you have a space which doesn’t cost you too much rental, providing a place where headfiers can spend time comparing gear and exchange opinions does have its attractiveness. If you have a big enough scale, most of the demo units are supplied by the makers anyway. From what I have observed, a few of the half-hearted ones here died out. Let’s say there are 1000 iems in the market, carrying 100 is not satisfying for customers. Some of the headfi shops in China are pretty crazy, literally a good portion of what we find in a Canjam exhibition is available in a single shop, from top international brands to local startups. They have to do that to survive. It’s the same in Hong Kong and Japan.
Are you here in China too? Whereabouts?

May 4, 2021 at 3:26 AM Post #65 of 104
@FiiO
Availability in Europe?
Price in €?
Dear friend,

We have arranged sending some FH5s to the Hungary, Bulgaria sellers in Europe. And we are arranging the shipping to some other sellers in Europe.

As for the price, you could confirm with the sellers. It may be different in different countries.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
May 4, 2021 at 3:28 AM Post #66 of 104
How to choose suitable earphones among FH5S, FD5, EM5 and FA7?
Recently, we updated the successor of the FH5 in our product line of hybrid earphones. Under the circumstances of great improvement in many aspects, including the design, materials, configuration and accessories, the FH5s was priced at 249.99 USD (US market), which was totally beyond your expectation.

So, at this price range, FiiO has four completely different types of earphones- the fresh 2BAs+2DDs hybrid IEMs FH5s (249.99 USD), the collectible-grade single dynamic IEMs FD5 (299.99 USD), the 3D printing 4 balanced armatures IEMs FA7 (299.99 USD) and the open earbuds EM5 (299.99 USD) with a characteristic styling.

I believe that many users may have some questions. Like how to choose the right one among these products at similar prices? And why is the FD5 with just a dynamic driver more expensive than the FH5s with four drivers hybrid? What does FiiO think?

Therefore, we made a table in the form of both graphics and texts to compare the four earphones. From my personal point of view, it's like sports cars. At the same price range, Porsche provided four types of totally different vehicles, the 911 sports car, Cayenne SUV, Taycan and Palamela. They have different positioning to meet different needs, which can not be simply ranked. So do the FH5s, FD5, EM5 and FA7. We should choose the most appropriate one.

The parts of the listening sense in the table are for reference only. The maximum score is 10, which only represents the characteristics under horizontal comparisons among the four types of FiiO earphones. But for sure, some of them are based on scientific evidence. The following are some general rules.

1. Comparison of soundstage: speaker>over-ear>flat-head>in-ear; Semi-open in-ear>Sealed in-ear.
2. The larger the sound tube, the better the bass. The smaller the sound tube, the better the treble. The bass and mids of the dynamic driver are better than that of the balanced armature. Treble extension and resolution of the balanced armature are better than that of the dynamic driver.
3. The harder the dynamic driver diaphragm, the less the split vibration and the smaller the treble distortion.
4. The sound insulation of the flat-head is worse than that of the in-ear, which will thus affect the resolution and bass extension to a certain extent.
QQ图片20210430181726.jpg

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
May 4, 2021 at 5:55 AM Post #67 of 104
Recently, we updated the successor of the FH5 in our product line of hybrid earphones. Under the circumstances of great improvement in many aspects, including the design, materials, configuration and accessories, the FH5s was priced at 249.99 USD (US market), which was totally beyond your expectation.

So, at this price range, FiiO has four completely different types of earphones- the fresh 2BAs+2DDs hybrid IEMs FH5s (249.99 USD), the collectible-grade single dynamic IEMs FD5 (299.99 USD), the 3D printing 4 balanced armatures IEMs FA7 (299.99 USD) and the open earbuds EM5 (299.99 USD) with a characteristic styling.

I believe that many users may have some questions. Like how to choose the right one among these products at similar prices? And why is the FD5 with just a dynamic driver more expensive than the FH5s with four drivers hybrid? What does FiiO think?

Therefore, we made a table in the form of both graphics and texts to compare the four earphones. From my personal point of view, it's like sports cars. At the same price range, Porsche provided four types of totally different vehicles, the 911 sports car, Cayenne SUV, Taycan and Palamela. They have different positioning to meet different needs, which can not be simply ranked. So do the FH5s, FD5, EM5 and FA7. We should choose the most appropriate one.

The parts of the listening sense in the table are for reference only. The maximum score is 10, which only represents the characteristics under horizontal comparisons among the four types of FiiO earphones. But for sure, some of them are based on scientific evidence. The following are some general rules.

1. Comparison of soundstage: speaker>over-ear>flat-head>in-ear; Semi-open in-ear>Sealed in-ear.
2. The larger the sound tube, the better the bass. The smaller the sound tube, the better the treble. The bass and mids of the dynamic driver are better than that of the balanced armature. Treble extension and resolution of the balanced armature are better than that of the dynamic driver.
3. The harder the dynamic driver diaphragm, the less the split vibration and the smaller the treble distortion.
4. The sound insulation of the flat-head is worse than that of the in-ear, which will thus affect the resolution and bass extension to a certain extent.
QQ图片20210430181726.jpg
Indeed very helpful comparison...
I ve been puzzled for long owning so far FA7..... between FH5s and FD5
Which one should fit better my own preferences?
This comparison helped me a lot to reach to a safe conclusion
I really like DD mids and the maximum of resolution I can pull out of an earphone
Soundstage and imaging also plays a big part in my decision as the rest of us I suppose.....
I am 49 years old now.. But getting older results in more treble sensitivity issues unfortunately as far as I am concerned.....
So...... the safest choice for me would be FH5S I suppose...
And the looks is darn good too......
Thanks Fiio.....

May 4, 2021 at 8:22 AM Post #68 of 104
I’m in Chengdu. How about you?
I'm in Shanghai! Been here over 15 years (with a couple of years in Shenzhen in the middle).

May 4, 2021 at 10:07 AM Post #69 of 104

QQ图片20210430181726.jpg
Thanks for the great rundown, it's very useful. Do the tuning switches make any difference in the scores for the FH5s?

May 4, 2021 at 3:51 PM Post #71 of 104
I can't really imagine the treble being that bad as the reviewer states. You can tell a lot of work went into this design and FiiO isn't new to this. I just doubt they'd mess it up that bad. I could be wrong, but I haven't heard anything that sounds radically different than it graphs, and the graphs on this one looks quite good. I sure would like to hear it for myself.

May 4, 2021 at 4:05 PM Post #72 of 104
Sounds like my impatience (bought a used dk3001 pro because I was too impatient to wait for the fh5s) may have worked to my benefit for once. I was so impressed with the fd5 that these seemed interesting upon first blush, and this is just one guy's opinion, but...might have dodged a bullet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back