Wiss Audio HA-M120 Mini Headphone Amp
Jan 15, 2016 at 5:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Hi-Fi'er

Headphoneus Supremus
I purchased this amp from Amazon a year ago, and I have to say it's a very clean neutral sounding amp. I can closely compare it to my Ray Samuel's P-51. I searched Head-Fi and did not find any info or review's on this amp. I think it's a nice hidden gem. The Sound Gun 2 is very clean and neutral. Adds no coloration to the source, very true to the source. It is VERY well made and not a NiMH battery but a Lipo and a micro USB charging port. You can also charge which using it. This amp also reminds me of my O2. Avoid the Sound Gun 1, it piratically has no power and I exchanged it for the Sound Gun 2. 

WISS stands for the "Way It Should Sound." Their intent is to design audio products to play back audio the way it was originally recorded. Their acoustic team has more than twenty years of design experience in making audiophile gear for many famous brands around the globe. It's their goal to engineer a high fidelity audio experience for your listening pleasure.

Review:

⊕⊕⊕⊕⊕= Maximum Score

Build Quality:  ⊕⊕⊕⊕⊕ (Solid overall)
Power: ⊕⊕⊕⊕⊕ (Great in measurement)
Output Impedance: ⊕⊕⊕⊕⊕ (16 – 150 ohm, dual output)
Portability: ⊕⊕⊕⊕⊕ (Ultra-portable)
Speed: ⊕⊕⊕⊕⊕ (Accurate)
Transparency: ⊕⊕⊕⊕ (Decent depth)
Sound stage:  ⊕⊕⊕⊕ (Great width and separation)
Coloration / Neutrality:  ⊕⊕⊕⊕⊕ (Very neutral)
Hissing:  ⊕⊕⊕ (Hissing)

Info: The WISS Sound Gun 2 is a small portable headphone amp with two outputs to connect two headphones or earphones at once. With a high and low gain switch, and a full aluminum case this is still a new item on the portable audio scene.  

Remarks: The WISS sounded very similar to my Ray Samuel's P-51. The WISS does have a pop sound when the unit it turned on and a laser type sound when turned off. You can charge the unit while it's playing which is a nice feature. The charging port is a micro USB which is today's standard. Lipo battery that is replaceable.

Size: Very portable with a size of 86 x 57 x 13mm it will fit in any pocket.

Sound: WISS has a pleasing sound for so small a unit. There are 2 gain settings a high and a low. The sound is very neutral and does not sound processed in any way. The WISS did drive my single, dual and triple driver IEM's very well and easily, more than anyone would need. At first I felt that my C&C BH2 bested this amp but now giving it more time I realize how much bloated the C&C is compared to the WISS Audio. This amp is hard to put down, it's simple and clean in appearance and sound. 

Impression are welcome as I think it's a steal for the price of $124.00. Link: Amazon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back