Wiring my Mic to my GoPro with Intercom
Mar 4, 2022 at 5:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

WattsToTheWheels

New Head-Fier
Hi,
New member here.

I am a Motovlogger and try to wire up my equipment in order to get better quality.
I hope you can help.

Here my Problem.
I have a Intercom system (Cardo Packtalk). Connected to the Intercom (IC) is a Microphone and earphones (via 3.5mm plug)
Also I use a GoPro for Filming / Streaming.

I want to have a solution in which I can record / stream all the audio from an external Microfone (not the one connected to the intercom for various reasons) and the sound I get from the IC with my Camera.

I talked to a fellow youtuber with a similar problem and wihth slightly different hardware. I tried to rebuild his setup which is working fine, but with my Hardware.

Here is what I did.
I left the IC Mic for what it is.

The audio out from the IC goes into a Y Cable. One end connects to my earphone, other end goes to another Y Cable.Ends of 2nd Y-Cable goes to external Mic (Rode smartLav+ [advice from fellow youtuber]), other end goes to Camera (GoPro).

Evrything is setup with TRS 3.5mm connectors. The Mic also got 1 TRRS to TRS adapter because the Mic has a TRRS connector, the cam (and everything else doesn't)

If I unplug the Earphones from the first Y-Cable everything works perfectly. The camera picks up the audio from the IC and from the external mic.
But with the earphones connected the camera only picks up the audio from the IC, not from the mic anymore.

What is the cause of this and how can I prevent it?

Thank you
wiring.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back