Wireless on the move
Jul 1, 2002 at 5:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

philswan

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

Im not a headphone guru and am hoping someone more switched on can help. Im looking for some small wireless headphones to use outdoor. Ive looked but cant find any and would like some for my outdoor business.

Do any exist and if not, any idea why not?

Jul 1, 2002 at 10:50 PM Post #2 of 5
Unfortunately, wireless headphones with enough range for outdoor use don't exist - at least not at the so-called "consumer" level. In fact, none of the wireless headphones currently on the market are suitable for portable use; the transmitters that come with wireless headphones must be plugged into an AC wall outlet indoors (and thus must remain stationary).

Jul 1, 2002 at 11:13 PM Post #3 of 5
ya range on those things arent very good. They're more for walking around in a single room without walls interrupting the signal.

Also, i dont think you get very good sounding headphones when you get wireless, since you pay for that feature. Sennheiser has some that might sound ok, but then they probably cost more.

But as eagle driver said, i dont think it would suit your application.

Jul 2, 2002 at 8:52 AM Post #4 of 5
Thanks for the replies. What Id like to have is a transmitter built into an MP3 player with wireless headphones, but it doesnt sound like the technology is up to it yet. Thanks for the help.
Phil

Users who are viewing this thread

Back