Wireless keyboard/mouse
Nov 16, 2008 at 7:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

hear_the_sound

Head-Fier
Nov 16, 2008 at 8:49 PM Post #2 of 10
Definitely the Microsoft. I've used their Wireless mice and keyboards for some time now and they're stunning. If you want comfort, I personally endorse:

Amazon.com: Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Desktop 7000: Electronics

Battery life is stunning - I worked full-time 8 hours a day over the summer programming and at the end of the summer I was still on the same set of AA batteries in both the mouse and the keyboard. I type rather fast (95-130WPM) and it's never missed a character or felt laggy to me.

Nov 17, 2008 at 1:38 AM Post #3 of 10
Slightly off topic, but I bought the HP kb/mouse set and the keyboard is pure crap (keys stick, comms issues). The mouse is great.

My friends swears by Logitech.

Nov 17, 2008 at 2:38 AM Post #4 of 10
It is a little out of that price range but I have a Di Novo edge keyboard and LOVE it. The keystroke on this thing is very very fluid. Plus it looks very nice on my desk.

Nov 17, 2008 at 2:40 AM Post #5 of 10
Slightly off topic too, but I'd like to point out two things.

- Read reviews. If anyone complaining about short receiving range or lag, find another stuff.

- If you're a FPS gamer, stick with wired ones. It's fine for office use though.

When it comes to input device, I tend to like MS more than Logitech.

Nov 17, 2008 at 7:34 AM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Seaside /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Slightly off topic too, but I'd like to point out two things.

- Read reviews. If anyone complaining about short receiving range or lag, find another stuff.

- If you're a FPS gamer, stick with wired ones. It's fine for office use though.

When it comes to input device, I tend to like MS more than Logitech.

I do read reviews, but the reviews are so polarizing that I end up ultimately more confused. Thus I ask here for first hand experience
wink.gif

Right now I'm leaning towards the Logitech wave because there are fewer extremely negative reviews and the wave seems to be accepted as the more comfortable keyboard.

The Di Novo keyboard is way out of my budget and I'm looking for a curved ergonomic keyboard. Thanks for the suggestion though. It looks really nice.

Arainach, is the keyboard you suggested a brother of the Microsoft keyboard I mentioned? I read in reviews that the space bar is annoyingly loud and the range/response is inadequate...yet everything you says contradicts that!

Hmm

Anyone have first hand experience with the two I mentioned, I'd appreciate it.

Nov 17, 2008 at 7:01 PM Post #7 of 10
In terms of range.....What sort of range are you looking for? The wireless adaptor is only a dongle the size of a flash drive rather than an entire docking station with its own power supply; as a consequence. I'd say I can get 8-10 feet if there's nothing inbetween the keyboard/mouse and the receiver; put things (such as hands, whatnot) in the way and things get a bit trickier, but I just use mine for leaning back in my chair and typing with the keyboard on my legs rather than from working across the room or anything. Reading the reviews, it seems the one you linked comes with the same kind of receiver.

It's a shame, since the Microsoft keyboards/mice with full on-desk receiver units I've used have had incredible range. The smaller receivers do seem to suffer a bit, but I still find the range quite usable.

Nov 26, 2008 at 6:16 AM Post #9 of 10
I like Microsoft keyboards, but their mice drive me NUTS for one reason: the damn scroll wheel. There is way too much friction generated between the tacky rubber wheel and my fingers. Makes my index finger irritated in no time flat. That is why I have stayed with Logitech. Other than that, both are great brands. Stick with them and only them. Be sure to try before you buy definitely. You cannot really rely on us to give you a 100% fool proof suggestion for something that WILL drive you nuts if not to your specific liking.

Nov 26, 2008 at 7:28 AM Post #10 of 10
I used to be big into Microsoft peripherals back in the Natural Keyboard days (the original, not the elite). Years of using a laptop have moved me away from using ergonomic keyboards... I taught myself how to type properly :p

So I use a Happy Hacking Keyboard, as it will last forever, and takes about a third of a space of a logitech or MS keyboard. I also refuse to use wireless keyboards as I type fast enough that I can see the delay. Also irritating when playing FPS games.

As for mice, I prefer Logitech. MS mice are for big hands... I'm sure the same people who design MS mice are the same people who designed the monstrosity that was the original Xbox controller.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back