Wireless alternative to Beyerdynamic Custom Street?
Sep 29, 2018 at 8:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

LAP87

New Head-Fier
Hi, was just hoping that someone that might've been/are in my current position might have some insight as to which pair of "street"/light headphones might be the next upgrade path after the Beyerdynamic Custom Street (BCS)?

Since most phones/tablets nowadays have given up on the 3,5mm jack, i'm leaning towards finding wireless capable headphones to replace my BCS with sometime this year (mostly for the train/bus commute to and from work).

So what options are there below 300eur? :)

Current setup:
Home | Soundblaster Z + Beyerdynamic MMX300 gen.2
Away | Honor 10 + Beyerdynamic Custom Street

Oct 2, 2018 at 7:46 PM Post #4 of 7
Have you seen the lagoon ANC launching later this year by beyerdynamic?

Also Sony just released the 1000XM3 and they are getting very good reviews.

Just looked them up, on Beyerdynamic's site there's the Aventho Wireless that looks kinda like a more high end version of my current Custom Street cans.
I wonder if the Lagoon is gonna have the same kinds of interactive functions like the Sony ones.

Jan 14, 2019 at 1:29 PM Post #6 of 7
I would recommend you check the B&W PX, I also recommend you stay away from the Sennheiser Momentum.
You could also consider a USB and/or Bluetooth DAC and keep your wired headphones.

Jan 14, 2019 at 7:10 PM Post #7 of 7
A small update from OP:
I got myself a pair of Bluedio TM as a cheap stopgap (they got just my kind of sound)
The price of the Sony WH-1000XM3 is just silly in sweden, and i read word from CES that the Lagoon ANC will compete with the sony's in same price-class, which makes them also goddamn expensive over here :p
Right now i'm looking at ANC and multi-point bluetooth as 2 must-haves on my next outdoor cans.

Edit:
I'm actually gonna give the Edifier W860NB a go, currently on sale over at edifier store on Aliexpress.
Worst case i can just flip it here in sweden since it's not for sale anywhere.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back