Wireless Adapter for SA6
Jun 30, 2008 at 3:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 254

Edwood

1/2 hamster, 1/2 Turkish∙ Blueteething
So, how goes it with the Wireless Adapter for the SA6? I was very impressed with it at CanJam. Wireless headphones get a good deal of use in my household, with the Sennheiser RS120 getting the most use. But it's overall sound quality and range leave much to be desired.

Looking forward to having an untethered SA6 to run around the home with.
wink.gif

-Ed

Jun 30, 2008 at 3:36 AM Post #2 of 254
I was wondering also when it will be available to us as well...I'm anxious in getting my hands on one of them...
wink.gif

Jun 30, 2008 at 4:00 AM Post #3 of 254
x3..

Jun 30, 2008 at 5:24 AM Post #4 of 254
As per a PM I got from Jason in early June: "Wireless is in the final wrap up stage. Shouldn't be but a few more months."

Jun 30, 2008 at 11:35 AM Post #5 of 254
I'll wait with baited breath to see how this is priced cos doesn't wireless, whilst allowing more physical fredom, also mean a reduction in SQ?

Jun 30, 2008 at 6:15 PM Post #7 of 254
Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodSugar00 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll wait with baited breath to see how this is priced cos doesn't wireless, whilst allowing more physical fredom, also mean a reduction in SQ?

The idea with Kleer wireless technology is that it doesn't reduce sound quality (since the bandwidth allows at least CD-spec audio transmission). Should be very interesting to try.

Jun 30, 2008 at 6:35 PM Post #8 of 254
Quote:

Originally Posted by epithetless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The idea with Kleer wireless technology is that it doesn't reduce sound quality (since the bandwidth allows at least CD-spec audio transmission). Should be very interesting to try.

Nice! I don't know too much about wireless technology (I'm familiar with the bluetooth variety to a degree) but that sounds very promising! It certainly will be interesting to try! Do you have any material, sites etc I could read about either this variety of wireless sleek are incorporating or the actual sleek wireless adaptor? I havn't done any real searching on the subject to be honest but the sleek website is still pretty skeletal at present.

Cheers,

Steve

Jun 30, 2008 at 7:18 PM Post #9 of 254
I don't think Sleek has released anything official about their particular wireless adapter, but Kleer's website can be found here. Note that it's the same technology used in Sennheiser's new (and reportedly fantastic-sounding) MX W1 wireless earphones.

Jun 30, 2008 at 10:09 PM Post #10 of 254
Quote:

Originally Posted by epithetless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think Sleek has released anything official about their particular wireless adapter, but Kleer's website can be found here. Note that it's the same technology used in Sennheiser's new (and reportedly fantastic-sounding) MX W1 wireless earphones.

Thanks for that! I'll give it a proper look tomorrow when I got more time
cool.gif

Jun 30, 2008 at 10:33 PM Post #11 of 254
Well Kleer even separate the left from the right with no cables, wondering how good they will be....
wink.gif

Jul 2, 2008 at 12:04 AM Post #12 of 254
We are working on the packaging. We also had to increase the gain of the amp so that set us back a little longer.

I will get a few pairs out for people to test( you already know who you are) in about 4-5 weeks and then we will release them shortly after.

By the way I will be out for a little while as I am having a Spinal Fusion. I will have my team answering questions until I am off heavy meds. Otherwise I might give away trade secrets.

Jul 2, 2008 at 12:40 AM Post #13 of 254
Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We are working on the packaging. We also had to increase the gain of the amp so that set us back a little longer.

I will get a few pairs out for people to test( you already know who you are) in about 4-5 weeks and then we will release them shortly after.

By the way I will be out for a little while as I am having a Spinal Fusion. I will have my team answering questions until I am off heavy meds. Otherwise I might give away trade secrets.

Oh shut that sucks, Jason, a Surgery???

Well do not worry about the drugs influence, the only problem being on heavy meds is that maybe you will finish the first batch, sending free samples, but anyway, keep me in...
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

Jul 2, 2008 at 11:31 AM Post #14 of 254
Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonK /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thats fantastic news!! As I've alrady said, depending on pricing, I'll be jumping on this!
biggrin.gif

Jul 2, 2008 at 9:55 PM Post #15 of 254
Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodSugar00 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thats fantastic news!! As I've alrady said, depending on pricing, I'll be jumping on this!
biggrin.gif

Er, I wouldn't say a Spinal Fusion is fantastic news...and I certainly wouldn't be jumping on it!
eek.gif
rolleyes.gif
wink.gif

Best of luck with your recovery, Jason!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back