Wired Running Earphones
May 24, 2020 at 3:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

joev789

New Head-Fier
Hi,

My current sennheiser cx3.00 earphones have worn and would like an upgrade. I use these for running and they've begun to give me ear ache in my right ear, I assume because of the sweat damaging them as I don't get this ache with my hd25s or friends earbuds.

I don't mind wired and I like knowing I'm getting the improved sound as a result. I've read around and its difficult to find anything suggesting a good pair of wired earphone for running. The Bose sound sports are the only wired product that seems to get much attention, is there a better alternative?

My budgets around £120 ($150) but open to higher priced options. I mainly listen to bass heavy electric music.

Thanks

Joe

May 24, 2020 at 5:36 PM Post #2 of 4
I've run with Sennheiser IE7s for absolutely ages (around 10 years) and I also listen to electronica while I run. The Senns have never had any problems (I have actually been waiting for the cable to develop a fault so I can try the cool mmcx mod but it's held firm for years)

If you can find a second hand pair, I can't recommend them enough. There might be a cooler and trendier pair (and I'm aware they might be hard to find) but they have lasted me so well over countless 10km runs and gym sessions that I thought I'd wade in

May 25, 2020 at 1:32 AM Post #3 of 4
What do you mean by ear-ache? I don't understand how sweat damage would cause this.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back