Wired Headphones is Dead the future is wireless
Oct 4, 2016 at 8:04 AM Post #46 of 54
I use the 846, and the W60, wired and bluetooth. Wired when i am at my desk, or Bluetooth when i am out and about, for convenience. Yes i can tell the difference, but i can get along with either. 

Oct 4, 2016 at 12:14 PM Post #47 of 54
S'alright, by definition I doubt any of us are in a terrible rush or concerned with brevity. I get Viqor's point but I also think bfreedma's point trumps it. The only real limitation is how small and efficient you can make an amp, how well you can isolate a DAC against interference, and how dense you can make battery power. And they are getting better at all that all the time.

I accept that, at the moment, wireless headphones may all sound inferior due to design and size restrictions (I have to take peoples' word on this - I don't own any), but as I said a bit ago, history tends to make fools of people who predict what can't happen.

I'm totally with you. I think we will eventually get to the point where wireless is for all intents and purposes just as good as wired. Unfortunately that day isn't today nor will it be 6 months from now, which is the point I was trying to convey.

Oct 4, 2016 at 8:02 PM Post #48 of 54
I'm totally with you. I think we will eventually get to the point where wireless is for all intents and purposes just as good as wired. Unfortunately that day isn't today nor will it be 6 months from now, which is the point I was trying to convey.

I share the same skepticism but I hope to be proven wrong. Imagine sleeping without tangling cables... Not to mention it's dangerous too. You never know what can happen in your sleep.

Nov 27, 2017 at 9:52 AM Post #50 of 54
Sorry to necro but I just had to say for posterity and dignity's sake, that video is complete bunkum and pseudoscience, and it's embarrassing to have it in any thread on this forum. Even a dead thread. That's all.

Nov 27, 2017 at 12:18 PM Post #51 of 54
^ I remember I had the Denon D5000 headphones many years ago, I sold it in 1 week time and kept my Sennheiser HD 555 instead. Why you may ask? the difference was like 5% and to actually notice that 5% you had to sit in a dark room with perfect silence and concentrate and focus on what is playing then immediately swap back to the 555 and the after many tries come to the conclusion that the D5000 was a little better.

Yeah look I ain't falling for most of this scam I know its mostly audiophiles justifying wasting enormous amounts of money. Lets not forget the moon audio dragon cable scam where they were selling headphone cables for $300 USD and people lied about how it had some kind of magic that made the sound much better. LOL

sad thing is it was audiophiles right here who continuously lied about it having better sound when it was in reality just $10 cables and the company selling it managed to scam so many people who actually believed their own lies about how you can burn in the cable when its really their mind playing tricks on them LOL

Yeah I know. Science is BS ....right?

The Source AV TSAVJason Stay updated on The Source AV at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com./pages/The-Source-AV-Design-Group/153623164648713 http://www.twitter.com/TheSourceAV http://www.instagram.com/Thesourceavdesign http://thesourceav.com/ Products@TheSourceAV.com
Nov 27, 2017 at 1:12 PM Post #52 of 54
I LOVE wires.

Wires mean quality.
Wires mean reliability.
Wires mean fewer power sources.
Wires mean less Electro-Smog and exposure to radiation.
Wires link you with your immersive experience.
Wires can ground you.
Wires are analogue (just like we are).
Wires give us choices.

I hope you are 100% wrong.

Listening should be a mindful experience and not one that is shoehorned into every moment someone is out and about. Too many people are listening to music while the walk, run, cycle etc and are distracted and prevented from hearing their surroundings. These are the only instances in which wireless might really be useful.
But this takes into consideration that people have common sense and logic. That's no longer a given.
^ That is nonsense talk, hesitant to embrace the future and the mind is being forced to make up excuses, like saying there is a god because you can't disprove the existence of god same with the flying spaghetti monster
The future is dead. Mankind is slowly killing itself with greed and technology, not to mention abdication of self-responsibility.

Nov 27, 2017 at 10:19 PM Post #53 of 54
Not happening any time soon, and even then, charging this thing up will prevent it from being anymore than a fad of convenience for preppy professionals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back