Wire Protection
Apr 23, 2006 at 7:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

PigCorpse

New Head-Fier
Hi,

What is the best way to protect the wire on my Sony EX90? I was afraid that it would get damaged like Sony cables were known to do and I want to protect my investment.

What I was considering was to get nylon sleeving and sleeve the part from the jack to the splitter and heatshrink both ends. Will that work?

I want it to be like those Sony clip-ons with nylon wires.

What should I do if I want to protect all three parts of the wires (main part and both ears)?

I don't want to recable the whole thing as I have no experience at all. I want it to be as simple and cheap as possible.

Thanks for any recommendations!

Apr 24, 2006 at 4:00 AM Post #3 of 10
the sony ex series is notorious for falling apart

i've had two pairs of the ex51...BOUGHT PRE-HEADFI
and they are both fine except for the pair that i brought to skool

those were kept at home for the first 4 months until i could afford a second pair, to keep nice at home

the wire started to twist and peel when i kept em in my pocket without a case
i think its the wire rubbing against my pants for against each other cause the twisting and peeling

i now use an altoids case...and better headphones

Apr 24, 2006 at 11:04 PM Post #6 of 10
you could try putting a sleve over the wire, if you are going for inexpencive duct tape is an option, electrical tape would blend in more, be more flexable and wouldn't leave as much sticky stuff in your pockets

Apr 25, 2006 at 4:44 AM Post #9 of 10
This is a little off topic guys (sorry for that), but I want to know how can I replace the cable that goes from the left to the right earphone in my ex71's (it is "melted"!). Thanks in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back