Wire Lepai LP-2020A+ to PC power supply via Molex for a easy on/off
Dec 25, 2014 at 4:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

UNOE

500+ Head-Fier
Currently I have a big surround receiver that I always for get to run off on my desktop.  I'm in the process of moving the big receiver to the living room.
So I noticed these amps (Lepai LP-2020A+) are cheap for $20.  http://www.parts-express.com/lepai-lp-2020a-tripath-class-t-hi-fi-audio-mini-amplifier-without-power-supply--310-301

Also noticed they work better at 12v 5A.  So I was thinking why not have it connected directly to the PC's power supply me PC has 1200 watt corsair with obviously enough amps on the 12v rail.  I'm just wondering though if that will break this amp if It has to much amps available.  I suspect it would be fine long as it issued turned up to high.  And might work as a great little built in amp for any desktop really.

I don't understand why I haven't seen more people do this?  If I told people I could build in a good amp into there PC for $20.  I'm sure a lot of people would want something like this rather than buying some cheap PC speakers.

It just makes since to have a amp that turns on and off with the computer powered on and off.  One less thing to forget if you left it on or off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back