Winter Resistant IEM? Or <100$
Mar 4, 2011 at 5:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

JackTheRipper

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,
I live in Canada and it gets really cold at times, to the point where my IEM's cables break...I've had 2 pairs of Shure e2c, 2 JBL Reference 220 and now again my Apple IEM just broke...
So I'm looking for a new pair of IEM to replace them. I haven't been around in while so I'll need an update on the new IEM that came out recently...
I'll be using my iPhone 3GS unamped with them. And I listen to pretty much any music, rock and hip hop mostly..
Thanks for the help!

Mar 6, 2011 at 4:47 PM Post #3 of 4
Anything with a replaceable cable.  That kind of cold will easily destroy most cables.  You'll likely have to just buy a new one every year.

Somehow I read that as water and not winter and was about to direct you here.  Good thing I caught that in time.

Mar 6, 2011 at 9:02 PM Post #4 of 4
Greetings from Toronto
biggrin.gif

Just to let you know I had previous owned the E2C's and the cable problem is well documented and mine broke as well. I don't know what your budget is and how cold it is where you reside. But you might wanna check out Sherwood SE-777s or Shure 215s they both seem great straight from a source. Here was a review: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/469758/review-sherwood-se-777

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back