Winter 2019 Colorado Meet - February 16th
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 21, 2018 at 10:13 PM Post #31 of 65
People have done it in the past, streamed tidal. My main source is a Fiio X5, debating whether I should just bring a old gemini cd player with coax out to my DAC, just tell people to bring CD's. The Fiio is great, but have observed in the past that people who don't have experience with one may not know how to navigate it.
I would definitely bring some CD's if you do end up bringing a CD player. Also, that way, if anyone wants to wander over into the regular library section, they could always just check out something to listen to as well.

Dec 27, 2018 at 7:46 PM Post #32 of 65
Going to really try to make this one, should be able to, at least as of right now.

I'll be bringing my custom woody HD650s and custom woody Beyer DT770s for sure and probably my Ultra-Fi DAC41 and upgraded Elekit 8200 amp along with them, with plenty of tubes for folks to try of course! I also have a portable setup if anyone is interested, a Cowon Plenue D with V-MODA M-100s.

While I would like to bring my main source along too, as I've done quite a bit of work to it, however it is really massive and is harder to travel with. Some of the custom things it has is a Paul Pang PPA Version 3 USB card that is powered from an external linear PSU and feed from a SSD that is vibration mounted, lined with an EMI/RFI absorber, and also powered from the external linear PSU. The case is also covered internally with EMI/RFI blocker material, among many other things including an internal steel separation wall. All of this affects the sound from the source and adds very nice improvements, however as arteom already knows, it isn't small nor very portable. So, unless there is some interest here in it, I'll probably just leave it at home and bring a more portable setup, such as a tablet, to run into my DAC, etc.

Cheers to the meet!

Dec 28, 2018 at 6:58 PM Post #33 of 65
February is always iffy for me, but I'll try to make it, depending on weather and date. Don't have much left, but I could bring Sony WM-1Z, Empire Ears Phantoms, and 64 Audio Tia Fourtes, both with Effect Audio 8 wire cables; one a Thor silver 8 and one an Eros silver/copper hybrid 8.

Dec 29, 2018 at 12:46 AM Post #35 of 65
I may be able to make it... I think the most interesting things I have is the Yggy/V281/Abyss Phi CC chain and maybe the Audeze Mobius.

Dec 29, 2018 at 12:57 AM Post #37 of 65
Source: Macbook Pro and/or PC via USB or Optical SPDIF

Jan 23, 2019 at 6:49 PM Post #41 of 65
Doesn't the Feb 16th date conflict with that of Can Jam NYC? If I don't go to Can Jam I may come to this. Don't have much, but can bring

IMR Acoustics R1
Mackie MC 250
Sennheiser HD 6XX
Chord Mojo

Jan 23, 2019 at 7:02 PM Post #42 of 65
Chord Hugo 2 TT arrives from uk this Friday so it appears I will be able to bring some of the latest head tec from across the pond . I’ll also bring ak320,Hugo 2 portable, AK 380 amp and Ali CDM and lcd-xc Jh Michel ,Kimber kable Axios CU, plussound exo 6 gold plated silver and numerous red Allen cables . Cardas clear light etc...
If anyone has speakers the are over 96 dB sensitive we could see what that sounds like with the Hugo 2 TT.

Jan 23, 2019 at 9:23 PM Post #43 of 65
Doesn't the Feb 16th date conflict with that of Can Jam NYC? If I don't go to Can Jam I may come to this. Don't have much, but can bring

haha, yeah I guess it would for some. I hope there are a few in that thread that are as conflicted, lol.

Chord Hugo 2 TT arrives from uk this Friday so it appears I will be able to bring some of the latest head tec from across the pond . I’ll also bring ak320,Hugo 2 portable, AK 380 amp and Ali CDM and lcd-xc Jh Michel ,Kimber kable Axios CU, plussound exo 6 gold plated silver and numerous red Allen cables . Cardas clear light etc...
If anyone has speakers the are over 96 dB sensitive we could see what that sounds like with the Hugo 2 TT.

always cool to see some of the TOTL stuff show up, might sway some to save a bit on a plane ticket :ksc75smile:.

Feb 1, 2019 at 7:09 PM Post #45 of 65
Just stumbled across this. Sounds like fun! I believe I can come!

I will bring My LCD-3
My new Campfire Vega will be here by then!
Meze 99 Classics
Yulong DA9
Ampsandsound SE84 and a pair of Axiom M2 that work with the SE84

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back