Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing)
Nov 21, 2012 at 2:33 PM Post #1,007 of 4,129
I remember you were thinking about it several months ago. I've still got all the stuff set up here if you want to do a comparison.

Is anyone interested in Emotiva gear? They've got a big sale on nearly everything on their site. I was thinking of *maybe* getting a power conditioner as it's 50% off. I was thinking if anyone else is interested, we could save on shipping costs.

Along a similar vein, I will be ordering some miscellaneous DIY stuff soon from either takefiveaudio or partsconnexion. If anyone wants to jump in and split on shipping costs, let me know.

Nov 21, 2012 at 2:35 PM Post #1,008 of 4,129
Also, we're still planning on the meet for Dec 9th. How does 2pm sound for everybody? I will send out PMs soon.

Nov 21, 2012 at 11:48 PM Post #1,009 of 4,129
Quote:
I remember you were thinking about it several months ago. I've still got all the stuff set up here if you want to do a comparison.

Is anyone interested in Emotiva gear? They've got a big sale on nearly everything on their site. I was thinking of *maybe* getting a power conditioner as it's 50% off. I was thinking if anyone else is interested, we could save on shipping costs.

Along a similar vein, I will be ordering some miscellaneous DIY stuff soon from either takefiveaudio or partsconnexion. If anyone wants to jump in and split on shipping costs, let me know.

I got it locally too with the upgraded 6550 tubes, need to find a guide for tube rolling to see what works with the amp.  Only found one set that would work with it.

Power conditioner looks nice!  I might need a 5-pin din male connector, I'll need to check if those places have some.  Maybe some nice low capacitance cables too.

Nov 21, 2012 at 11:57 PM Post #1,010 of 4,129
Both sites have them if you type "DIN" into the search bars.

Do you have any nice binding posts?

I was thinking of picking up some more cabling supplies too. I could make you some stuff if you wanted. Actually, Esoteric has some nice looking cables on sale too. Heck, their component video cable is 75% off and I don't even have anything that uses it, but it's cheap! I'll probably snag an optical and coax from them too, as their sale price is better than L&M (which is terrible in quality anyways).

Nov 22, 2012 at 12:29 AM Post #1,011 of 4,129
Well, what I need is to remake a new phono cable for one of my turntables.  It's a 5-pin din male to RCA phono with ground.  The one that came with the turntable was a butchered mess of a Bang and Olufsen phono din with a portion cut off with RCA attached as the original had their own terminals.  It's a monstrosity!  Hrmm I could use some better interconnects

No binding post but you can always ask Keith.

I'm not seeing a price on the esoteric website, got a link?

Nov 22, 2012 at 12:38 AM Post #1,012 of 4,129
Quote:
The Sextetts went through a big craze a while ago, but the supply has now run thin. The only ones you see for sale these days tend to be pretty beat up or have been refurbished. I paid nearly double what they go for now... but then again mine were new old stock and still in the box. I have never seen another one in as good condition as mine. 

If you pick up a used one though, give me a shout to clean it out for you. There will likely be a lot of deteriorated foam inside that will need to taken out. 

I've just about given up trying to find a Sextette in the same condition as yours. Who knows though, maybe someday I'll run into one when I'm not looking for one. With my luck it'll probably be when I'm broke for the month.

In other news

She arrived into my hands a couple of days ago with a couple of extra sets op amps for op amp rolling fun. Looks like you were right when you called it a few months ago and said I'd probably buy this new amp.

Nov 22, 2012 at 1:08 AM Post #1,013 of 4,129
Quote:
Well, what I need is to remake a new phono cable for one of my turntables.  It's a 5-pin din male to RCA phono with ground.  The one that came with the turntable was a butchered mess of a Bang and Olufsen phono din with a portion cut off with RCA attached as the original had their own terminals.  It's a monstrosity!  Hrmm I could use some better interconnects

No binding post but you can always ask Keith.

I'm not seeing a price on the esoteric website, got a link?

I mean you can find DIN connectors on takefiveaudio and partsconnexion.

Do you mean emotiva? they've got some nice cables there too. Heck, some of my connectors are more expensive than one of their cable
tongue.gif

Quote:
I've just about given up trying to find a Sextette in the same condition as yours. Who knows though, maybe someday I'll run into one when I'm not looking for one. With my luck it'll probably be when I'm broke for the month.

In other news

She arrived into my hands a couple of days ago with a couple of extra sets op amps for op amp rolling fun. Looks like you were right when you called it a few months ago and said I'd probably buy this new amp.

Lol, it just never ends does it? You might as well just sell everything and get this... http://www.custom-iem.com/um-platform-pure-pp6-p-670.html

Nov 22, 2012 at 1:44 AM Post #1,014 of 4,129
Quote:

Lol, it just never ends does it? You might as well just sell everything and get this... http://www.custom-iem.com/um-platform-pure-pp6-p-670.html

You're such a bad influence dude

Nov 22, 2012 at 10:49 AM Post #1,015 of 4,129
Well I've made the jump up. Nowhere to go now except Stax. You might as well take the plunge too
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 22, 2012 at 5:25 PM Post #1,016 of 4,129
Quote:

I mean you can find DIN connectors on takefiveaudio and partsconnexion.

Do you mean emotiva? they've got some nice cables there too. Heck, some of my connectors are more expensive than one of their cable
tongue.gif

Is it me or does their RCA cable only come with one connector?  That mean I have to buy to hook up a CDP!

Nov 22, 2012 at 10:58 PM Post #1,017 of 4,129
Quote:
Well I've made the jump up. Nowhere to go now except Stax. You might as well take the plunge too
smily_headphones1.gif

I see both Fostex and STAX in our immediate futures. Now that I think about it, if you sold every last piece of gear you own you probably could scrape just enough together for a half decent STAX setup

Nov 23, 2012 at 12:14 AM Post #1,018 of 4,129
Last time I checked agon, there was a good deal on a Stax Lambda with SRD-7 energizer for $300. I'm not in a position to buy it, but one of you ought to. :wink:

Nov 23, 2012 at 12:49 AM Post #1,020 of 4,129
Quote:
I see both Fostex and STAX in our immediate futures. Now that I think about it, if you sold every last piece of gear you own you probably could scrape just enough together for a half decent STAX setup

Or I could sell it all and make a few mortgage payments 
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

• ecwl
Back