Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing)
Jan 7, 2011 at 12:44 AM Post #376 of 4,131
I wouldn't mind a meet more for just hanging out with people. The only new gear I've had since the last one are my Phiatons.

Anyone here know there way around circuits? I've been trying to reverse engineer the "active balanced ground" circuit in Meier's amps (I asked his permission, he said it was okay). I've had disappointing input from the forum so far: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/530374/building-an-active-balanced-ground

Jan 10, 2011 at 11:03 PM Post #379 of 4,131
Sorry to read about that experience, David.  I hope you are able to somehow salvage a decent set of cans from the drivers, at least!

I won't be able to make it to any meets in the medium future - I've moved to Edmonton with the family till next winter.  I hope to see y'all when we return though!  

Jan 10, 2011 at 11:17 PM Post #380 of 4,131
Wow Acid, what happened to the family farm out near Riding Mountain?

Armaegis: I wouldn't mind a meet for hanging out either
deadhorse.gif
o2smile.gif
duggehsmile.png
gs1000.gif

Jan 12, 2011 at 9:54 AM Post #385 of 4,131

We've still got the family farm (my parents haven't retired yet) and there's a housesitter in our house.  Just had to chase a few dollars in the West.  For some reason, demand for biologists is hit and miss in rural areas.  :)  We'll be back before you can say "In 2012 I resolve to do something different."
Quote:
Wow Acid, what happened to the family farm out near Riding Mountain?

Armaegis: I wouldn't mind a meet for hanging out either
deadhorse.gif
o2smile.gif
duggehsmile.png
gs1000.gif

Jan 20, 2011 at 1:35 AM Post #387 of 4,131
I see that there is a pair of HD600 for sale in Winnipeg for $280 on canuckaudiomart, in case anyone is looking for one.  The seller's username is Orkney - pretty sure he's on head-fi too.

Jan 21, 2011 at 6:18 AM Post #390 of 4,131
I may come out and join the group  I am in the market for a headphone amp so I'll be listening some of those. May or may not bring the Squeezebox Touch. I feel the headphone out on that unit has a bit of an edge (I use the digital out) so my iPod should be good to bring.

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back