Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing)
Feb 17, 2023 at 11:02 AM Post #3,901 of 4,122
I've been recently researching pocket knives and the deep rabbit hole that entails. Researching brands, knife steels, folding mechanisms, etc. This one is perhaps an extension of my interest in kitchen knives. I know @Velomane is into both kitchen knives and pocket knives.

I've been into flashlights for a couple years now and do carry one in my pocket. Something about being able to defeat the darkness lol. I also work with engineers and tradesmen, so it has been my default Christmas gift for my colleagues for years now. I know Velomane is into lights as well, but I suspect I'm much deeper into this one than he is.

I've had the same wallet for 20+ years, a very slim Danier leather card holder.

I like mechanical pencils more than pens, but usually it's a multicolour pen in my pocket due to the nature of my work in marking up drawings while on worksites, and there aren't very many good options for that.

Never got into watches because my skin gets too rashy if I wear one, but I can appreciate them (if I ever have to wear a suit for work, I might get into pocketwatches).

May 26, 2023 at 10:24 AM Post #3,902 of 4,122
Hi Everyone, it is that time again... to plan for a spring meet. I have been speaking with @Rubin and @Armaegis a bit about this and I think late June might be a possibility. So far it would have to be Sat evening or Sunday based on these initial talks. Does anyone have issue with either evening of June 24 (say 6-9ish?) or Sunday June 25 from about 1-4ish? if we get some positive feedback for that weekend, I can create a poll to decide which date and time works best.

Happy to divide our space/time for headphones and EDC gear if there is interest in that too.

Last edited:
May 28, 2023 at 11:03 AM Post #3,906 of 4,122
May 29, 2023 at 12:17 PM Post #3,910 of 4,122
anyone have recommendations for relatively cheap noise cancelling headphones? I'd do a search on the forum but I've been good at keeping GAS at bay for a while now and really don't want to jump start it again lol.

May 29, 2023 at 4:56 PM Post #3,911 of 4,122
these sound pretty interesting! how do you find them
They are actually very very good. I find the sound changes a fair bit with amping though. Not strictly better/worse, just different amp interactions. Interestingly, I prefer it more from my RME Babyface 6.5mm output which is a higher impedance than the 3.5mm jack.

May 29, 2023 at 5:00 PM Post #3,912 of 4,122
anyone have recommendations for relatively cheap noise cancelling headphones? I'd do a search on the forum but I've been good at keeping GAS at bay for a while now and really don't want to jump start it again lol.

I don't really like to cheap out on ANC headphones as the bad ones will cause an annoying pressure headache.

I used to have the Audio Technica ANC7b which were pretty good.
You can probably find a used or old stock Sennheiser Momentum 2 or 3, or Sony XM4 for relatively cheap now since the new models are out.
Bose is always a staple option.
AKG noise cancelling is meh, though their passive isolation is very good.

May 30, 2023 at 1:38 AM Post #3,915 of 4,122
I just realized I have a work dinner on Saturday... so Sunday is my only option now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back