Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing)
Nov 20, 2022 at 11:38 PM Post #3,886 of 4,132
Alright everyone, the meet is going to be next Sunday November 27, 1-4pm, at @rifi 's place. Message one of us for the address if you don't know it.

Nov 26, 2022 at 1:05 PM Post #3,888 of 4,132
I've got my SPL Phonitor + Mercury dac packed up, and I might bring my RME Babyface Pro FS.
I think the only headphones of note that I have is my old HE-6 and the Audio Zenith PMx2.

If anyone else is into steel (I know @Rubin has a nice one), I can bring my Kramer and Miyabi. I could even bring sharpening stones if anyone is curious.

Nov 27, 2022 at 11:48 PM Post #3,890 of 4,132
It was great to see everyone today! The time absolutely flew by. Thanks to @rifi for hosting again.

Nov 28, 2022 at 12:32 AM Post #3,891 of 4,132
Thanks for hosting the meet rifi! Was a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon!

Dec 27, 2022 at 10:39 AM Post #3,892 of 4,132
Hey everyone, merry belated Christmas! (or Hannukah, or Kwanzaa, etc)

Jan 24, 2023 at 2:43 PM Post #3,894 of 4,132
What price range are you thinking of?
Advance Electronics has some headphones to demo that are more consumer-oriented.
Creative Audio has Focal by Naim so they have a bunch of audiophile Focal headphones you can demo
American Hi-Fi has a couple? of Mr Speaker/Dan Clark Audio and Stax? headphones you can demo I think
I wonder if others can think of more.
I got my Focal Bathys at Creative Audio. I demoed them there for an hour.

Jan 25, 2023 at 9:02 PM Post #3,895 of 4,132
I picked up a Focal Bathys a couple months ago. Very happy with them. Also a A&S Kann Alpha.

Have you ever had a chance to compare against more well known bluetooth culprits like Sony or Sennheiser?

Jan 28, 2023 at 2:08 PM Post #3,896 of 4,132
Have you ever had a chance to compare against more well known bluetooth culprits like Sony or Sennheiser?
I also have the clear by Focal and the IE900 Sennheiser earbud. The Bathys considering the cost, choice of wireless or wired with its built in dac is excellent. The IE900 are twice the cost though being an iem while excellent have a different sound. The Clear are open back and too are excellent but much more expensive than the Bathys. Of the three I'd reccomended the Bathys if you were to select one only .
These are what I have to compare with. When comparing Bluetooth in this price range the Bathys receives the highest grade in reviews.
I suggest you go to Creative Audio and try their demo unit. I did for about an hour and that is what sold me.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2023 at 11:37 AM Post #3,897 of 4,132
Hey All,
I have a pair of PU Brainwavz XL pads I am trying to move on to a better home. I have them up on Kijiji and CAM but happy to give a bit more of a discount to anyone in this thread if interested. Very lightly used. I tested them on my Frankenphones and decided those headphones do better with smaller pads so these are surplus.

Let me know.

Feb 4, 2023 at 11:29 AM Post #3,898 of 4,132
Hey All,
I have a pair of PU Brainwavz XL pads I am trying to move on to a better home. I have them up on Kijiji and CAM but happy to give a bit more of a discount to anyone in this thread if interested. Very lightly used. I tested them on my Frankenphones and decided those headphones do better with smaller pads so these are surplus.

Let me know.

Eh, I have a small collection of pads building that I don't even touch, but heck if no one takes them after a while then let me know.

We'll have to plan another get-together, maybe early spring. I haven't acquired anything new lately, though have sold off the Bryston BHA-1 and Sonnet Hermes streamer.

Feb 4, 2023 at 7:38 PM Post #3,899 of 4,132
Eh, I have a small collection of pads building that I don't even touch, but heck if no one takes them after a while then let me know.

We'll have to plan another get-together, maybe early spring. I haven't acquired anything new lately, though have sold off the Bryston BHA-1 and Sonnet Hermes streamer.
Sounds good. If they don't sell by the time we have our next meet we can talk about you taking them.

Feb 16, 2023 at 1:22 PM Post #3,900 of 4,132
I know some of you mentioned you were interested in knives. I am not, but I have recently become slightly obsessed with EDC (every day carry). Anyone into that as well? Lots of EDC revolves around knives so I wondered if that is something you knife folks also follow. I lean heavily towards the more mundane, practical EDC and not the survival/protection bend lots of YouTubers have on EDC. Would be happy to showcase and talk about EDC next headphone meet as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back