Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing)
Sep 8, 2022 at 11:54 AM Post #3,871 of 4,117
Hello!
Would anyone be able to help me repair / modify my Verum One headphones? I don't have the soldering tools or skills to do this on my own.
The 2.5mm connectors on the headphones are wearing out so the connection is very touchy and cuts out easily. I was thinking of changing them to 3.5mm connectors to be more sturdy.
I will of course buy any materials we need and will reimburse you for the time.
If you're interested please send me a message, thanks!

Sep 8, 2022 at 8:09 PM Post #3,872 of 4,117
@zoobabwa
I'm guessing it would either be me, @Beefy, or @rifi
But just to start things off, are you sure the connectors are wearing out and it's not the cable? or maybe it's just some oxidation (some deoxit or similar would clear that up).

Sep 8, 2022 at 8:14 PM Post #3,873 of 4,117
@zoobabwa
I'm guessing it would either be me, @Beefy, or @rifi
But just to start things off, are you sure the connectors are wearing out and it's not the cable? or maybe it's just some oxidation (some deoxit or similar would clear that up).

I've read a bit about the Verum, and from memory there is a lot of glue and a very fragile driver. I'm not touching that with a 10 foot pole!

Oct 28, 2022 at 12:24 AM Post #3,874 of 4,117
Hey guys, it's been a while. Should we plan for the next meetup soon-ish? perhaps end of next month before the holidays consume us?

Nov 6, 2022 at 8:31 AM Post #3,877 of 4,117
Is there a hifi shop in Winnipeg? My girlfriend is from there and doesn’t seem to think there is one that a person could demo different cans.
What price range are you thinking of?
Advance Electronics has some headphones to demo that are more consumer-oriented.
Creative Audio has Focal by Naim so they have a bunch of audiophile Focal headphones you can demo
American Hi-Fi has a couple? of Mr Speaker/Dan Clark Audio and Stax? headphones you can demo I think
I wonder if others can think of more.

Nov 6, 2022 at 11:06 AM Post #3,879 of 4,117
Is there a hifi shop in Winnipeg? My girlfriend is from there and doesn’t seem to think there is one that a person could demo different cans.
I got my Utopia from Advance but that was a few years ago. They had a number of Senns to demo.

Nov 9, 2022 at 5:01 PM Post #3,880 of 4,117
Hey guys, it's been a while. Should we plan for the next meetup soon-ish? perhaps end of next month before the holidays consume us?

Richard has graciously offered to host again. Our three choices are:
Friday Nov 25 - evening
Saturday Nov 26 - evening
Sunday Nov 27 - afternoon

Please clink the link below to select your availability and we'll figure it out from there. The times aren't set in stone.
https://doodle.com/meeting/participate/id/bWLmDvnd
(Saturday no longer available, I can't edit the poll)

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2022 at 10:15 PM Post #3,881 of 4,117
Nov 15, 2022 at 7:43 PM Post #3,882 of 4,117
Hey guys, update from @rifi that Saturday is no longer an option. Right now Sunday looks to be the frontrunner. We will close the poll at the end of the week.

Also, it seems some of us are really into nice kitchen knives. Perhaps we can bring some steel to show off?

Nov 17, 2022 at 1:44 AM Post #3,883 of 4,117
Most helpful gents. I really want to demo my next purchase before blind purchasing. My last pair was Focal Stellia. I am hoping to to demo HiFiManRD10. I will ask my SO if she has heard of these places. Thank you and stay safe and as always. Have fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back