Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing)
Dec 28, 2021 at 3:58 PM Post #3,754 of 4,131
Looking forward to seeing you guys tomorrow. Remember to dress warm! The windchill is brutal this week; gonna be -41°C tomorrow.

Dec 29, 2021 at 1:38 PM Post #3,757 of 4,131
Dec 29, 2021 at 2:49 PM Post #3,758 of 4,131
paging @rifi @door1002 @dfm1a1

If it's only gonna be 4-5 of us we could split one big pizza pie
Last time I went to Shorty's, I ordered by the slice and they were just reheating them and they weren't super warm (and it wasn't as cold as today).
I would strongly recommend ordering whole pizzas that are freshly made for you guys who can attend. I think they're sometimes willing to make a whole pizza for you with half of one set of toppings and the other half a different set of toppings. At least that's what I overheard from the other tables.

Dec 29, 2021 at 9:53 PM Post #3,759 of 4,131
We got two whole pizzas, the special and the spicy sausage. My favorite was the latter. The pizzas were very tasty, but the center of the pizza was a bit wet and soggy compared to someplace like Gusto.

Dec 29, 2021 at 10:08 PM Post #3,760 of 4,131
I hope everybody made it home safe and sound.

The pizza wasn't wasn't so soggy the last time we were there, and one of them was slightly burnt this time. Still good overall though.

My favourite place for "cheap" pizza is Pizza King on south Osborne near Jubilee. For expensive pizza, probably Santa Lucia.

Dec 30, 2021 at 4:41 PM Post #3,763 of 4,131
Good to see the few that made it out!

I will set up a doodle poll for possible meet options over the next week or so. I am thinking early Feb. Also I think those who made it out to the last meet agreed we should start thinking about themes/gear ideas for the meets to lessen the amount of gear we truck to these events. Please post thoughts on themes for the next meet in this shared document: https://demo.firepad.io/#f5tBQ4ChHi

Dec 30, 2021 at 4:49 PM Post #3,764 of 4,131
Early Feb could work for me, if I'm welcome. Should be past the work hump for me, and the 'rona should hopefully be on the downswing again.

I don't have any particular opinions on themes, but the one thing I'd hope to get from a meet is to be able compare my DIY gear (see signature) with equivalent-ish commercial gear...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back