Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing)
Dec 11, 2021 at 11:41 AM Post #3,736 of 4,132
I am intersted. However, my folks will be here for the later part of December so I won't be able to host any meets until Jan. That said, if anyone wanted to host I am certainly interested in showing up!

Dec 12, 2021 at 2:23 AM Post #3,738 of 4,132
I unfortunately don't have the space to host anything at my place.
If @rifi wants to do early Jan, or @Rubin for late December-ish, that sounds like two options. I could set up a doodle to see what works for people. It doesn't have to be a gear heavy meet; I'm more interested in just hanging out with some folks.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2021 at 7:35 PM Post #3,739 of 4,132
I unfortunately don't have the space to host anything at my place.
If @rifi wants to do early Jan, or @Rubin for late December-ish, that sounds like two options. I could set up a doodle to see what works for people. It doesn't have to be a gear heavy meet; I'm more interested in just hanging out with some folks.
We could always just all go out to a restaurant or someplace for drinks or something. It's legal again!

Dec 12, 2021 at 7:49 PM Post #3,740 of 4,132
I could host a Jan meet. But also interested in drinks before then. Man it would be sweet if we had one of those audiophile/vinyl cafes in town like those in Japan. That would be an ideal venue... Anyone looking for a new business opportunity?

Dec 13, 2021 at 5:03 PM Post #3,741 of 4,132
Hmm if meeting for drinks/food, how about next Wednesday Dec 22? We could pick somewhere central that's easy for people to get to (I'm thinking Shorty's Pizza right at the corner of Maryland/Wolseley)

Dec 14, 2021 at 1:21 AM Post #3,743 of 4,132
Shortys is great, but we'd be wise to make a reservation. @Armaegis can you make one of those doodley doos?

Here's the doodle link for the hangout only (no gear). Please vote on availability and I'll try to book as soon as we have a few votes in as I imagine reservations will be a bit crazy this time of year.
https://doodle.com/poll/5bdwkuxmmqvcueg6

For security/safety reasons: If you are someone new, meeting face to face here or with one of our organizers will be required before you can attend a geared meetup.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2021 at 1:26 PM Post #3,744 of 4,132
Here's the doodle link for the hangout only (no gear). Please vote on availability and I'll try to book as soon as we have a few votes in as I imagine reservations will be a bit crazy this time of year.
https://doodle.com/poll/5bdwkuxmmqvcueg6

For security/safety reasons: If you are someone new, meeting face to face here or with one of our organizers will be required before you can attend a geared meetup.
voted!

Dec 15, 2021 at 3:30 PM Post #3,747 of 4,132
Last edited:
Dec 16, 2021 at 10:53 PM Post #3,750 of 4,132
Alright guys, I've made a reservation for Wednesday Dec 29th
6pm
Shorty's Pizza

Users who are viewing this thread

Back