Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing)
Jul 30, 2021 at 1:10 AM Post #3,632 of 4,124
I could bring my Schiit Eitr so it'll do usb->coax for any dacs that have that input.

Aug 3, 2021 at 2:37 PM Post #3,635 of 4,124
Aug 3, 2021 at 3:58 PM Post #3,637 of 4,124
@rifi should pick a date soon

I will probably stick with a mask indoors as well. I still see my folks regularly and my mom hasn't been fully vaccinated yet.

Aug 3, 2021 at 5:16 PM Post #3,638 of 4,124
So first of all, thanks so much for all being so conscious and willing accommodate my position on all of this. At this point, I think I want to set our meet for Aug 14h (Sat) pm time slot. That ensures no one is rushing around after work.

As for masks indoor/outdoor. I bet we will get better results indoors. I am happy to let everyone in, but as many of you have already mentioned, it is probably best we keep masks on for the time being. We can eat/chat outside without masks. I think we will be able to have everyone in the main living room , but I am happy to open the main basement room up as well for over flow. The only caveat is that we will have storage boxes in there while we fix the floors in our basement storage rooms.

As always I am happy to play with my 2-channel system but that will likely get in the way of headphone listening. If you want to do any system listening, I say come early and we can do that before/while we set up the hp rigs.

thoughts? also if you don't remember/have my address PM me and I can get that to you.

Aug 4, 2021 at 12:21 AM Post #3,639 of 4,124
@rifi do you need a hand with any setup or prep? I can bring at least one table, up to three if needed.

Aug 4, 2021 at 1:16 AM Post #3,640 of 4,124
@rifi do you need a hand with any setup or prep? I can bring at least one table, up to three if needed.
How big are your tables? I could deffinitely see needing one table and maybe if it's not too much, bring a second in case we get overflow? I have a ping pong table, smaller dinner table and a small folding table the size of a small picnic bench. At least one will stay outside for drinks/food.

Aug 4, 2021 at 3:11 AM Post #3,641 of 4,124
How big are your tables? I could deffinitely see needing one table and maybe if it's not too much, bring a second in case we get overflow? I have a ping pong table, smaller dinner table and a small folding table the size of a small picnic bench. At least one will stay outside for drinks/food.

Don't know the exact sizes offhand, but I can bring an aluminum roll-top table that's probably 2x4ft.
I have a standard white plastic folding table, maybe 3x6ft
I also have an old card table that's maybe 3x3

Aug 4, 2021 at 12:55 PM Post #3,642 of 4,124
Don't know the exact sizes offhand, but I can bring an aluminum roll-top table that's probably 2x4ft.
I have a standard white plastic folding table, maybe 3x6ft
I also have an old card table that's maybe 3x3
How about you bring whichever table is easiest for you to pack along with your gear. Work for you?

Aug 4, 2021 at 1:55 PM Post #3,643 of 4,124
As an aside, and this is reaching far back into our memory banks now, did anyone recall picking up an Audioquest USB cable the last time we met? I used to have two and can only find one now. I was making a list of the stuff I'd bring; it's possible I've tucked it away somewhere, but figured I'd ask.

How about you bring whichever table is easiest for you to pack along with your gear. Work for you?

I'll try to bring the two large tables at least. My stack is all mounted into a big case (@Rubin can attest to this), and if @Velomane is bringing stax then that's one whole table all by itself.

Aug 4, 2021 at 2:02 PM Post #3,644 of 4,124
I'll try to bring the two large tables at least. My stack is all mounted into a big case (@Rubin can attest to this), and if @Velomane is bringing stax then that's one whole table all by itself.
Thanks!

I have no Audioquest USB cables, but maybe @Rubin might have some ideas... If my memory serves me right, we had our last meet in that common room at his place.

Aug 5, 2021 at 2:04 PM Post #3,645 of 4,124
I have a bunch of cheap cables I bought on amazon but no Audioquest cables. I'll take a look around here but probably would have come across it by now. Hope it turns up!

I don't have any portable tables but I have a small rolling stand that is kind of like an audio rack that I can bring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back