Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing)
Jul 29, 2021 at 12:58 AM Post #3,617 of 4,125
Anyone curious about a pseudo group buy for bulk cable? Wayne Stefanko appears to be offloading a lot of stuff on kijiji:
https://www.kijiji.ca/o-profile/90027002/listings/2
There's always more haggling power when purchasing in large quantities. I'd consider buying a couple reels entirely if people wanted to share.

Jul 29, 2021 at 3:05 AM Post #3,618 of 4,125
Doodle currently shows Fri or Sat evening as the best times.

If it's not raining, we can set up a table or something outside too. I do have portable tables I can bring if needed.
Extra table(s) would certainly be much appreciated. I really only have a mini ping pong table available at the moment. My home office has consumed all other tables in the house. Not sure what weather may bring but I bet it would be easier to all be in the garage and spill out into our back driveway (weather permitting).

As for the Doodle poll, it looks like Fri 13 and Sat 14 (PM) are tied at 5 people (6 if you count me) are available at those times. I am leaning towards the 13th if that works for everyone else?

The next question is, is this a post dinner event, or should we do food? Snack and drinks are obviously welcome and I can be part of getting that together. Would appreciate feedback on what people are thinking on this topic.

@Rubin Yes, Sophie has agreed to be responsible for crowd control. For those of you who do not know who this is, you have been warned... :wink:

Jul 29, 2021 at 3:11 AM Post #3,619 of 4,125
Hey folks!
I’m available anytime on the weekend of the 13th.
Anyone have requests for specific equipment you would like me to bring?
I would be interested in hearing your Audio-gd and I liked one of your ZMFs but can't rememebr which one now... it was the cheaper one I think? Just reading stuff in your signature.

Jul 29, 2021 at 8:33 AM Post #3,620 of 4,125
IIRC your Crimson amp is really wonderful. Curious how it would compare to @Armaegis new Bryston amp.

Also, do you still have LCD-4?
Yes I still have both, can bring those to the meet.

Jul 29, 2021 at 8:37 AM Post #3,621 of 4,125
I would be interested in hearing your Audio-gd and I liked one of your ZMFs but can't rememebr which one now... it was the cheaper one I think? Just reading stuff in your signature.

I can bring the Aeolus to the meet!
And I can try to bring the AGD R28

Jul 29, 2021 at 12:48 PM Post #3,622 of 4,125
Anyone curious about a pseudo group buy for bulk cable? Wayne Stefanko appears to be offloading a lot of stuff on kijiji:
https://www.kijiji.ca/o-profile/90027002/listings/2
There's always more haggling power when purchasing in large quantities. I'd consider buying a couple reels entirely if people wanted to share.
@rifi and I recently got some Canare star quad cable from him for a decent price. I used mine up for some long cables but don't think I need any more at the moment.

Jul 29, 2021 at 1:36 PM Post #3,623 of 4,125
Didn’t even know we had such a thriving community in Winnipeg till I saw this thread in someone’s signature.

I’d love to attend a meet! Is there anything I have to do to sign up?

Right now my main chain is Bifrost2 -> GS-X Mini -> Focal Clear. I have some other goodies on order that won’t be here for a while.

Jul 29, 2021 at 2:36 PM Post #3,624 of 4,125
Didn’t even know we had such a thriving community in Winnipeg till I saw this thread in someone’s signature.

I’d love to attend a meet! Is there anything I have to do to sign up?

Right now my main chain is Bifrost2 -> GS-X Mini -> Focal Clear. I have some other goodies on order that won’t be here for a while.

Go back a page or two to find the doodle link where people have been signing up. Right now it's looking like Friday Aug 13 or Saturday Aug 14.

Jul 29, 2021 at 9:37 PM Post #3,626 of 4,125
The next question is, is this a post dinner event, or should we do food? Snack and drinks are obviously welcome and I can be part of getting that together. Would appreciate feedback on what people are thinking on this topic.

I am always a fan of food. Perhaps we could convince @Velomane to bring something from his smoker? I could probably convince my mom to make some fresh cheese buns. I could do schmauntfat perogies.

Jul 29, 2021 at 11:44 PM Post #3,628 of 4,125
Well sounds like we are making food, sounds good! I have a decent BBQ and am happy to contribute as well. Should I focus on snacks and a few different drinks? I am also open to BYOB if people want to bring some.
@Velomane @Armaegis , thanks for offering to bring set up equipment. Sounds like we might get a decent amount of gear out so a few tables might be good, especially if we manage to accumulate a serious food spread.

I will wait until next Monday then we can finalize our date for the meet. That should give @SnowRang3r some time to see if he can make it as well as anyone else late to the Doodle poll.

@Rubin any word from Kai?

Finally, I don't really have anything new other than an RME adi-fs 2.

Jul 29, 2021 at 11:49 PM Post #3,629 of 4,125
I've got a table that I can bring, provided it fits in my car. I've also got a power bar and an extension cord that could be handy. Any special requests for audio gear, let me know.
Your signature says you have a some Stax, yes? It's a big ask, but if you are feeling up to it that would be quite the treat. Zero pressure.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back