Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing)
Aug 1, 2020 at 12:05 AM Post #3,511 of 4,122
I can see how that would be pretty tough. I'd forgotten how much of that stuff you do. "Sucky" is probably understating how you're feeling. At least I'm an introvert so being away from humans is generally just fine with me. Still, familiar faces around a grill and shooting the schiit would be therapeutic.

Aug 1, 2020 at 12:14 AM Post #3,512 of 4,122
Would next weekend be too short notice? The week after I'm busy on the 14th but am otherwise free the rest of the weekend.

Aug 2, 2020 at 11:50 PM Post #3,514 of 4,122
I'm up for a meet. I am OK if people want to stagger attendance if anyone is worried about large-ish groups. Alternatively we might try to plan something in a driveway/garage so concerns over air quality and the like are minimized. I am not overly worried about COVID, but I understand other people have very legitimate reasons to be worried. So I am open to making sure everyone is comfortable with whatever rules we put in place for a meet.

Aug 3, 2020 at 11:25 AM Post #3,515 of 4,122
I can host in my garage again if people like. I have some tables and old van seats in there that we can use, plus a whole backyard. I'm over in Fort Richmond.
What day works best for you guys? I'm free Friday after work, and all of Sat/Sun this week.

Aug 3, 2020 at 7:55 PM Post #3,516 of 4,122
Even as an introvert, the isolation of working from home has been trying, so I'm game to meet up any time that weekend. This is as safe a time as any to get together I think. Plus now we can hear your Vifa speaker in its natural habitat.

Aug 4, 2020 at 5:33 PM Post #3,520 of 4,122
Sunday works best for me. If I get an overtime shift, though, I won't be able to make it.

Are you still crazy busy? I thought work might be less hectic for you right now.

Aug 4, 2020 at 7:50 PM Post #3,521 of 4,122
Are you still crazy busy? I thought work might be less hectic for you right now.
Well, the traffic is still there. Flight training is as busy as ever. What's changed is my employer is trying to squeeze more from each of us without paying for it. i.e. overtime shifts are harder to come by, so I'm not inclined to turn one down if it's offered. I'll tell you more on Sunday.

Aug 8, 2020 at 1:12 AM Post #3,523 of 4,122
Do we want to coordinate some food? I think I still have a half dozen homemade burgers in the freezer. I could also assemble some of my cheesy bun creations within which to place said burgers, though I'll have to make a grocery trip if so.

Aug 8, 2020 at 2:11 PM Post #3,525 of 4,122
Some drinks would be great. No preference on my part; I'm usually a boring water/juice kind of guy.
Looks like just the 4 of us so far. I messaged one other guy who doesn't visit the forums very much, but haven't heard back from him. I didn't sent out a mass message like last time; I figure a small group is in keeping with the whole covid precautions. If we want, maybe I'll sent out a mass pm to people for a later one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back