Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing)
Aug 1, 2016 at 6:09 PM Post #2,491 of 4,117
Trying a different method to message everybody...

@acidbasement @ajm @HeadCred @mythless @SennheiserMiser @lwc726 @cyberidd @Awah @Trapper32 @theblackfox @Pincher @hotaudio40 @orkney @dahan
@aqsw @sckeith @JFroese @deeplogic @Vault101 @SVC52 @Ckaz @yoyea @panda-R @DigitalFreak @bvan37
@Greyowl @DocTavia @PhrozenLife @ElmerK @gnuZ @JasonLam @dscythe
@sunjigglet @howlndog @fantus @Kevorkazito @Docks @Tuco1965 @bearFNF @devouringone3 @mechamits @n9eryeah @cannednoob @ThickGlasses @Viper2005 @Velomane
@dakki12345 @tacgunner1 @JayMitch @q2klepto @ashmeet908 @cocopro @drambit @Beefy

Ok guys, so the meet is set for Sunday August 7th.

Location: my home in Fort Richmond (two minutes south of the U of M), send me a pm or text for the exact address. I might post this publicly sometime during the week but will delete soon after.
We haven't decided on a time...shall we tentatively say 12pm? Please reply here with your availability or if you have a preference for a different time.

Bring: whatever gear you're comfortable hauling, plus maybe some snacks... I will probably have the bbq going. The plan is to set up in my garage with a few tables out.

In case of rain, I might have an alternative location.

Aug 1, 2016 at 6:18 PM Post #2,492 of 4,117
Noon is ideal for me. I will try to bring some pulled pork, buns and slaw for some really, really, really good sandwiches. (Yes, they are that good!).

Folks, have a look at my profile. Let me know what you'd like me to bring.

Aug 2, 2016 at 4:57 PM Post #2,493 of 4,117
Before i throw it up on CAM and Kijiji - anyone interested in a pair of active monitors? Kanto YU5's

http://www.shopbot.ca/m/?m=kanto+yu5

Hardly use them, and might go back to the ADAMs hehe

Aug 3, 2016 at 1:22 AM Post #2,494 of 4,117
  Noon is ideal for me. I will try to bring some pulled pork, buns and slaw for some really, really, really good sandwiches. (Yes, they are that good!).

Folks, have a look at my profile. Let me know what you'd like me to bring.

Oh man, if that's meat from your smoker I'm super keen for that (incidentally, my parents have been thinking of trying that out; any recommendations for beginner equipment?). I've got some nice feta and hard cheeses in my fridge we can cut up for the sandwiches.

Before i throw it up on CAM and Kijiji - anyone interested in a pair of active monitors? Kanto YU5's

http://www.shopbot.ca/m/?m=kanto+yu5

Hardly use them, and might go back to the ADAMs hehe

You should try the ADAM A-series of speakers.

Aug 4, 2016 at 7:22 PM Post #2,495 of 4,117

Location: my home in Fort Richmond (two minutes south of the U of M), send me a pm or text for the exact address. I might post this publicly sometime during the week but will delete soon after.
We haven't decided on a time...shall we tentatively say 12pm? Please reply here with your availability or if you have a preference for a different time.

Bring: whatever gear you're comfortable hauling, plus maybe some snacks... I will probably have the bbq going. The plan is to set up in my garage with a few tables out.

In case of rain, I might have an alternative location.

I hope you have a strong sturdy table for my 65 lb behemoth. Also, any special requests on what I should bring? 
Currently I will be bringing:

Ragnarok / Yggy
Cavalli Liquid Carbon
Violectric V281
Modded HE6
Fostex THX-00
Audeze LCD-X

Aug 4, 2016 at 9:50 PM Post #2,496 of 4,117
I will have my:
another modded HE-6
Sennheiser HD650
Bryston B60 (maybe a spare 2B as well)
NuPrime uDSD (maybe the larger IDA-8)
NuForce HEM8

I also have a few Shanling pieces from the tour for you guys to try out: M2, M3 (both daps), H3 (amp). Bring a micro SD card if you want to try out the daps. I can't actually get them to work via usb.

Aug 4, 2016 at 10:04 PM Post #2,497 of 4,117
Also, anyone interested in any of the following that I'm selling?  I'll bring them along in case anyone wants to try them out:

Audeze LCD2.2 Bamboo Pre-fazor - Asking 700.
Toxic Cables Silver Widow 25.5 awg (the original model in clear jacket) 6ft 1/4 TRS for Audeze (or any headphone with mini-xlr connectors)
Q-Cables 6 ft Fench Silk 1/4 TRS for Audeze (or any headphone with mini-xlr connectors) Dark Red color

Aug 5, 2016 at 2:34 PM Post #2,498 of 4,117
Noon works.

I will bring:

Raspberry Pi2 with IQaudIO pi-dac+
Denon ah a-100
Mad Dog 3.2
NAD HP50
And I can also bring my CMoy portable amp from BioScienceGeek (ebay maker) if anyone is interested. I have a few chips to roll in it as well.

Aug 5, 2016 at 2:43 PM Post #2,499 of 4,117
I'll be bringing my Simaudio Moon 430HAD, Ether C, Oppo PM-2. a power bar and laptop. If you want me to bring something else, just say so. If you want me to bring the Blue Circle BmPH, then send a truck and two movers to my place, I'm not hauling that beast without some help.

As I mentioned earlier, I'll be bringing some pulled pork, slaw and buns. Does someone here have a hot plate they can bring to keep the pork hot? Also, some paper plates and napkins would be helpful. These sandwiches are messy.

Aug 5, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #2,501 of 4,117
I have plenty of plates/cups/napkins. If someone could bring some drinks that'd be great.

I've got some feta that needs to be used up. I might pick up some smokies if people want. If I had more time I'd do homemade burgers, but this weekend is a bit scrunched on time for me.

Velomane - I've got my bbq outside so if you bring the pulled pork in a pot that should be fine. Leave the BmPH at home though, my back hurts just thinking about it
rolleyes.gif
Also I don't think anyone has a Mojo, but @DigitalFreak has a Chord 2Qute

Aug 7, 2016 at 7:58 PM Post #2,503 of 4,117
It was great to see everyone today. Extra thanks to Velomane for bringing the awesome pulled pork sandwiches.

Unfortunately my phone died trying to take pictures, but we had a pretty impressive list of gear on the tables (and even more in the cars that never made it out!).

Aug 7, 2016 at 8:14 PM Post #2,504 of 4,117
Thank you for hosting the meet Nathan, it was an awesome way to spend a Sunday afternoon!  
It was awesome to see you all again and it was nice to meet you ri-fi!

Aug 8, 2016 at 12:16 AM Post #2,505 of 4,117
As usual I spent more time chatting and eating instead of listening, but I did enjoy a moment feeding the Yggdrasil into my Bryston B60. It was literally the thump of the very first note and I could tell it was far better than the built-in dac in the B60 (which admittedly isn't the greatest). I didn't get a chance to hear the Yggy into the Moon 430HA, but I'm a little afraid to.

I'm surprised how quickly some of you picked out the difference between the 2B and the B60. Not shabby for a $200 upgrade eh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back