Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing)
Aug 27, 2014 at 1:43 PM Post #1,834 of 4,131
  Sunday is definitely out for me. Odds are only slightly better for me on Monday.

Well one vote for Monday is better than none so far. I'm thinking perhaps the afternoon at my parent's place? It's a little more central, and no risk of getting rained on like last time.

No rag for me...just got the rejection email.

Aww too bad. Still thinking about buying one though? I've been following the development story and it's got quite a few technical things that are interesting.

Aug 27, 2014 at 3:43 PM Post #1,836 of 4,131
If anyone's looking for a cd player or coax transport for another dac, this is a pretty sweet deal... http://www.kijiji.ca/v-electronics/winnipeg/pioneer-cdj-1000mk3-for-sale-for-incredibly-cheap-price/1012872401?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

I'm almost tempted, except I don't play cd's
rolleyes.gif

Aug 28, 2014 at 4:34 PM Post #1,839 of 4,131
Well let's just say Sunday 2pm and see who can make it then. I'l try to send out a pm to folks later.

For anyone interested, I'm doing a bbq/potluck thing this Friday at my house. I've had ribs marinating since yesterday, and I'm making the bison burgers myself in a minute

Aug 28, 2014 at 10:50 PM Post #1,840 of 4,131
I'm afraid I won't be able to attend this one, I'm going to lac du bonnet for the long weekend. :frowning2:
Nathan, how long will you have the 560's for?

Aug 29, 2014 at 1:48 AM Post #1,841 of 4,131
Technically a week, but I've got a bit of "stretch" time to give other people a chance to hear it. I can probably hold onto it until the end of next week for those who want to come by and listen.

I've currently got them hooked up to my Nuforce monos, and there are two different pads to try out (plus I have about 4 different pads too). I'll probably make some more open backed grills while I'm at it.

Aug 30, 2014 at 12:48 AM Post #1,842 of 4,131
Oh, rats.  I just did an in-and-out trip to the city today, and didn't notice about your potluck until I got home.  Unlikely I'll be back in on Sunday, but it's possible.  The kids are in town for the weekend visiting grandparents, and it's supposed to be Eleanor going in to pick them up, but if she wants me to do it, I will (with some headphone gear).

Aug 30, 2014 at 1:58 PM Post #1,843 of 4,131
Aw too bad.

For anyone who wants to try the X1, bring a microsd card with some music if you want to listen to your own stuff.

Anyone else want in on the FiiO X1 loaner/review program?

Aug 31, 2014 at 1:38 AM Post #1,844 of 4,131
Um... so is anyone actually coming by tomorrow? I've only got maybes so far...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back