Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing)
Jun 7, 2014 at 11:22 AM Post #1,711 of 4,122

Good point! With me working the whole day, it might be a stretch for me to spend the balance of it in some guy's garage listening to headphones. I'll give it some thought.

Hope you can at least stop by for a little bit. Besides, isn't it supposed to be the day for you to get away for a little R&R?
rolleyes.gif

Also guys, Bear is making a pretty long drive to come up. Take a look through his profile and say what you'd like him to bring. He's got way too much stuff to bring it all, nevermind the fuss the border people give him (not to mention his reason for visit from last time... "uh, I'm going to meet a guy from the internet...")

Jun 7, 2014 at 3:08 PM Post #1,712 of 4,122
Also, the 3pm was kinda arbitrary. I'll be home by 1pm, so if people want to come early to setup or just get some quiet listening time in (or maybe you have to leave early), that's welcome too.

Jun 8, 2014 at 1:37 PM Post #1,713 of 4,122
What would you guys like to bring? I have a list of in my profile. I can bring however much that fits in a small suitcase.
Also selling a bunch of stuff too, also in my profile.

http://www.head-fi.org/u/129227/viper2005

I'm going to be overnighting at a friends place the night before, they are having a birthday bash and hopefully I won't be hung over the day after :p

Jun 8, 2014 at 1:42 PM Post #1,714 of 4,122
A friend of mine might be coming to the meet, he's interested in entry level dacs amps and headphones totalling up to $370ish. So if you have anything in that price range could be worth bringing :)

Jun 8, 2014 at 7:52 PM Post #1,715 of 4,122
Since no one has chimed in yet, I'll throw some suggestions out. Mostly stuff I haven't heard yet or would like to hear again. Others should chime in since there's lots of good gear available...

What would you guys like to bring? I have a list of in my profile. I can bring however much that fits in a small suitcase.
Also selling a bunch of stuff too, also in my profile.

http://www.head-fi.org/u/129227/viper2005

I'm going to be overnighting at a friends place the night before, they are having a birthday bash and hopefully I won't be hung over the day after :p

Senn HD800
Grado HF-2

I'm curious to try the Rega in my system.
Maybe bring the DA8 again (if Velomane can't make it?).

Hey there guys, just checking in, looks like the gangs getting together again.

I'd like to come to the meet.  Take a look at my sig and let me know what you want me to bring.

Grado PS500
Stax

maybe:
Taboo
if DigitalFreak can make it I'm sure he'd be interested in the UHA760
the Woo WEE if you have space? don't want to overload you

Jun 8, 2014 at 10:50 PM Post #1,717 of 4,122
Oh interesting! Graham Slee stuff was really popular in the early days of head-fi, but I haven't heard much about them lately (although there's so much stuff these days it's impossible to keep track of what's available).

As an aside, for those who like iems I've got a JVC FXD80Z that I can bring. I got it in a random trade but it just doesn't fit my ears very well.

edit: I wonder if we almost have the entire Hifiman lineup...
HE-300 - me
HE-400 - Digital Freak
HE-500 - I know a few people have them
HE-6 - me and Velomane

Does anyone have the HE-4 or HE-5? or how about the new 400i or 560?

Jun 8, 2014 at 11:41 PM Post #1,719 of 4,122
Oh right, I even had that in my list on the previous page *duh*
ph34r.gif

How do you find it compares to the HE-6?

Jun 9, 2014 at 3:48 PM Post #1,721 of 4,122
For those who've never been to my house before, it is *far* easier driving in from the university. It's 3 right turns if you do so. If you come in from Pembina it's a bit of a maze and literal zig zag.

Jun 9, 2014 at 5:13 PM Post #1,722 of 4,122
  For those who've never been to my house before, it is *far* easier driving in from the university. It's 3 right turns if you do so. If you come in from Pembina it's a bit of a maze and literal zig zag.

I looked up your street on google, and I concur. Most definitely easier from the U. Armaegis, please PM or text me your address.

Jun 10, 2014 at 12:33 PM Post #1,725 of 4,122
  This has to be the most gear-full Winnipeg meet yet.  Wish I could make it!

And it's gonna be a bbq too. I was hoping the guy with the beef farm could make it
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back