Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing)
Jun 2, 2014 at 6:10 PM Post #1,696 of 4,129
Hey there guys, just checking in, looks like the gangs getting together again.

I'd like to come to the meet.  Take a look at my sig and let me know what you want me to bring.

Jun 3, 2014 at 3:13 AM Post #1,697 of 4,129
Winnipeg Head-Fi Meet - Sunday June 15th, 3pm
My house in Fort Richmond (not Lindenwoods), on Tulane Bay.
Please respond to the pm or call/text me for exact the address.

It'll be a bbq as well (weather permitting) and I'll set up a couple tables in my garage for all the gear. Bring stuff to toss on the grill if you like. I've got a firepit as well, though perhaps headphones and fire are not the best combination.

I think we need to make a running list of who's bringing what. How about I make a list in this post that I'll keep updated?

Armaegis:
- Hifiman HE-6 and HE-300
- Nuforce HA-200 monoblock amps and uDac3
- Echo2 (dac)
- Mad Dog 3.2
- Meier Corda Aria (dac/amp)
- AKG K612
- Sennheiser HD598

Digitalfreak
- attending? he's got a lot of portable gear

BearFNF

Velomane
-Hifiman HE-6 (unmodded, for comparison with Nathan's) and HE-5LE
-Senn HD-600
-Yulong DA-8
-Schiit Bifrost
-Emotiva a-100 mini-x
-iBasso DX-90
-Graham Slee ULDE

Viper2005
-Grado HF-2
-Senn HD800 
-Denon D5000 
-Rega Dac
-Schiit Bifrost
-Schiit Lyr
-Yulong DA8
-Yulong A28
-Violectric V200

AJM
- darkvoice 336se
- schiit magni
- woodied MS1i
- Audeze LCD2

dscyth
- snacks
tongue.gif

sckeith
- hopefully the Woo WA6-se?
- Benchmark DAC1

Jun 3, 2014 at 3:18 AM Post #1,698 of 4,129
Other stuff I can bring if there's interest...

Furutech powercords
Beyer COP with T50rp drivers
Amperior with 600 ohm drivers
my own modded Fostex T50rp
Centrance Dacmini PX
Nuforce Icon/HDP/LPS stack
Munitio Pro40

I'd really like to hear some other balanced sources to plug into my monoblocks. I'm potentially looking for an upgrade from my Echo2.

Jun 3, 2014 at 4:01 AM Post #1,699 of 4,129
Nathan, if i can't make it I'll drop by your place at an earlier date and drop off some gear for the guys to listen too. Message me the date and time and I'll get back to you. I feel rather guilty you've been waiting this long to hear the AD.

Jun 3, 2014 at 7:06 AM Post #1,700 of 4,129
  I think we need to make a running list of who's bringing what. How about I make a list in this post that I'll keep updated?

Armaegis:
- Hifiman HE-6 and HE-300
- Nuforce HA-200 monoblock amps
- Echo2 (dac)
- Mad Dog 3.2
- Meier Corda Aria (dac/amp)
- AKG K612
- Sennheiser HD598

Digitalfreak
- attending? he's got a lot of portable gear

BearFNF

Velomane:
-Hifiman HE-6 (unmodded, for comparison with Nathan's) and HE-5LE
-Senn HD-600
-Yulong DA-8
-Schiit Bifrost
-Emotiva a-100 mini-x
-iBasso DX-90

Viper2005
- lots of Violectric and Yulong gear

AJM

dscyth
- snacks
tongue.gif

sckeith
- hopefully the Woo WA6-se?
- Benchmark DAC1

Jun 3, 2014 at 3:50 PM Post #1,701 of 4,129
Hey guys, I'll also have the bbq ready to go, so bring stuff for the grill if you like. I've got some smokies I can toss on. Currently have a bunch of home made burgers in the freezer, but there's a high likelihood that I'll be consuming those in the next couple weeks
cool.gif

Jun 4, 2014 at 11:52 AM Post #1,703 of 4,129
Hello been awhile since i have been around hope all is well, i see a meet coming up maybe the 15 June?   question my daughter has a grado 225 that needs recabling
who might i contact and wold you know a cost? thanks
lindsay

Jun 4, 2014 at 2:57 PM Post #1,705 of 4,129
There are DIY tutorials online as well, if you want to take Iron Maiden's advice and bring your daughter to the solder (that's the song's title, right?).

I'm pretty sure it's easy to re-cable Grado 'phones.

Jun 5, 2014 at 12:57 AM Post #1,706 of 4,129
It all comes down to how easy it is to open the cups. Some of them are hot glued, so a hair dryer or steam will loosen it up easily. Others are almost an epoxy, or the inner is wooden (and sometimes cracked) which makes life difficult. I've had some that came apart with nothing more than my hands pulling the cups. I've had others where I literally had to cut the cups off with a dremel. Then there was that one time I discovered you could melt grados with acetone...
blink.gif

Jun 6, 2014 at 3:07 AM Post #1,707 of 4,129
Hey does anyone here have an old desktop computer they'd want to sell or trade for audio gear? I'm looking for something to replace my mom's old machine

Jun 7, 2014 at 12:00 AM Post #1,709 of 4,129
Just thought I should point out that the meet is on Father's day (I didn't realize that when we were planning it). Does that affect you guys who've got families?

Jun 7, 2014 at 6:21 AM Post #1,710 of 4,129
  Just thought I should point out that the meet is on Father's day (I didn't realize that when we were planning it). Does that affect you guys who've got families?

Good point! With me working the whole day, it might be a stretch for me to spend the balance of it in some guy's garage listening to headphones. I'll give it some thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back