Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing)
Feb 12, 2014 at 2:12 PM Post #1,591 of 4,127
You've been thinking about it for years. Sell the Senn to Andrew and take the plunge!

(this message brought to you by your local audio pusher)

Feb 12, 2014 at 2:14 PM Post #1,592 of 4,127
Oh by the way guys, the loaner Mad Dog came in way earlier than anticipated. I can't keep it for too long, so if anyone wants to have a listen drop me a line.

Feb 12, 2014 at 2:30 PM Post #1,594 of 4,127
Aside from the quality of the pads (which are very good and very comfortable), I'm not sure I'd rank them sonically above any number of similar mods I've heard. Initial impressions: good subbass extension but midbass hump, flat-ish mids but goes into a few treble peaks that get worse at higher volumes. The upper part reminds me a bit of a grado actually. Overall sound is slightly V-shaped, which would probably appeal to the largest base of consumers.

Feb 13, 2014 at 11:51 AM Post #1,598 of 4,127
  So acidbasement, are you gonna take the plunge?

Doooo iiittttttttt

Still agonizing.  I'm concerned (convinced, actually) that I'll just want to buy a set of HD600s again later.  Arrgh.  I'll have to listen to them some more tonight, and maybe A/B them with some other dynamics I have kicking around.

On the "pro" side is the fact that the SRM-T1 is considered the bare minimum for powering an O2, so it would be a step in the right direction, if an O2 is in my future.

Feb 13, 2014 at 12:42 PM Post #1,603 of 4,127
Who me?

I'm trying to decide whether I should drop the cash on new PA gear tomorrow. Long & McQuade is having a sale on some used rental gear and I'm very tempted to pick some of it up... but that's going to be at least a grand in gear. Ugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back