Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing)
Apr 17, 2022 at 8:41 AM Post #3,842 of 4,122
Hopefully I can make the next one! I was busy with family for this one

Apr 21, 2022 at 9:07 AM Post #3,844 of 4,122
Last weekend I came across a Schiit Modius for sale here in Winnipeg and purchased. Now I'm watching for a Magnius. Ordered cables directly from Schiit that while not the cheapest I'm sure they'll be decent quality. Really enjoyed last Friday night.

May 22, 2022 at 2:09 PM Post #3,845 of 4,122
Hey guys, now with the weather warming up maybe we should plan for another meet/bbq/etc?
We've discovered that some of us also share an interest in nice knives, so maybe we'll bring some steel out to share.

May 30, 2022 at 8:12 PM Post #3,846 of 4,122
Question for everybody: does anyone have one of these power monitor plug-in devices?
power-meter.png

I bought a 2.1 dc barrel plug splitter so I can use the same ifi power supply for clean power to two devices that run on 12v. based on my own math the psu should have enough amperage to provide sufficient current to both devices without maxing out, but I would really like to test it to make sure I am not over taxing it and wearing it out prematurely. So far both devices do seem to run just fine sharing the psu but I would like to gather some data and make sure this is OK as a long-term solution.

May 31, 2022 at 11:45 AM Post #3,847 of 4,122
I've never used one of those, but if you were willing to do a bit of chopping you could simply stick a multimeter inline with the wires and measure the amperage directly.

Jun 2, 2022 at 3:48 PM Post #3,849 of 4,122
@Takaji Hey wow, long time no see man! When will you be back?
And wow, is that a lemo connector for the changeable plugs? too bad you don't have an XLR4 connector

If you want, I can try asking on some of my other forums to see if people are interested.

Jun 3, 2022 at 4:48 AM Post #3,850 of 4,122
@Armaegis it would be great if you could share this around. :)

I'm home in the last week of June, not for long at all unfortunately. I need to take some time to go through my other audio gear and sell some stuff! I think I have a DAC still in a box or something...

Jun 14, 2022 at 9:58 PM Post #3,852 of 4,122
Maybe we can get together for something near the end of this month while Takaji is still in town?

Jun 17, 2022 at 1:51 AM Post #3,853 of 4,122
Hey guys, last minute notice but I'm hosting a bbq/bonfire at my place in Fort Richmond tonight (Friday). If you're interested, send me a text. I probably won't check this board later.

Jun 22, 2022 at 9:04 PM Post #3,854 of 4,122
@Armaegis it would be great if you could share this around. :)

I'm home in the last week of June, not for long at all unfortunately. I need to take some time to go through my other audio gear and sell some stuff! I think I have a DAC still in a box or something...

Let us know if you have any free time, it'd be nice to meet and catch up, even if it's just grabbing a pizza or something and not a mini-meet.

Jun 29, 2022 at 12:06 PM Post #3,855 of 4,122
Question for everybody: does anyone have one of these power monitor plug-in devices? power-meter.png
I bought a 2.1 dc barrel plug splitter so I can use the same ifi power supply for clean power to two devices that run on 12v. based on my own math the psu should have enough amperage to provide sufficient current to both devices without maxing out, but I would really like to test it to make sure I am not over taxing it and wearing it out prematurely. So far both devices do seem to run just fine sharing the psu but I would like to gather some data and make sure this is OK as a long-term solution.
I actually do have one of these, I'll have to look around and find it though lol. I can bring it to the next meet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back