Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing)
Mar 24, 2014 at 5:14 PM Post #1,651 of 4,129
Not specifically Jergpads, but I've fiddled with other stuff (of course). The basic mods with the holes and foam spacers I can do no problem. The part that involves stitching I've never tried before... but I'm reasonably handy with a needle and thread so I could probably do it (or I could just do it with tape/glue).

Mar 24, 2014 at 11:34 PM Post #1,652 of 4,129
  Not specifically Jergpads, but I've fiddled with other stuff (of course). The basic mods with the holes and foam spacers I can do no problem. The part that involves stitching I've never tried before... but I'm reasonably handy with a needle and thread so I could probably do it (or I could just do it with tape/glue).

http://imgur.com/a/MdBfW

That's the mod, you think its worth the time and money?

Mar 25, 2014 at 1:34 AM Post #1,653 of 4,129
That looks pretty straight forward. I hadn't seen the full pictorial like that before, but it's pretty close to what I had in mind anyways (granted I didn't have all the flipping logistics sorted out).

From the things I've read most people say it's worth it for the 400/500 but not the 6. I have no idea how much a jergpad/modularpad goes for though. It's not overly difficult, but does take a bit of time.

Mar 25, 2014 at 1:57 AM Post #1,654 of 4,129
  That looks pretty straight forward. I hadn't seen the full pictorial like that before, but it's pretty close to what I had in mind anyways (granted I didn't have all the flipping logistics sorted out).

From the things I've read most people say it's worth it for the 400/500 but not the 6. I have no idea how much a jergpad/modularpad goes for though. It's not overly difficult, but does take a bit of time.

Back when jerg and later his buddy was doing it a jerg pad mod was going for 60 bucks plus shipping and paypal fees. I'm in the middle of negotiations right now with someone and I'm offering 50 plus 9 dollars shipping and he pays the paypal fees. He told me he'd think about it and I said I'd want to see some pics before finalizing anything if he decided to take it. Early on he sounded like he was trying to see if he could flip them but backed off when I said I wasn't interested in paying an overly exorbitant price for a pair of used pads By my calculations I'd be getting a used pair for around 20 bones less then they were going for new after all costs were factored in. We'll see what happens

If I could convince jerg to do a pair for me I'd rather pay him the 60 plus ship and fees and get a brand spanking new pair. The pics I've seen of his pads look pretty professional.

Mar 25, 2014 at 2:52 AM Post #1,655 of 4,129
Geez that's cheap. They must get some nice bulk discount and save on shipping, and working in batches would make things significantly easier. If I were to do it, just two sets of pads to do the mods on is $30, and with shipping/taxes/conversion that's probably $50 for the pads alone. Labour is probably 2 hours minimum when doing a one shot (I could see half that when working in assembly line).

I do have my stock pads for my HE-6 (both pleather and velour), but I don't really feel like snipping up stuff without replacements. Although if I were to do it for the HE-6... I'd approach things differently anyways.

Mar 26, 2014 at 2:11 PM Post #1,656 of 4,129
Hey Iain, it's not the DP32 that you were looking for, but I randomly stumbled upon this on kijiji: http://www.kijiji.ca/v-pro-audio-recording/winnipeg/tascam-fw-1082-audio-midi-interface-moving-faders-controller/570038438?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Mar 28, 2014 at 11:24 AM Post #1,658 of 4,129
Woo, congrats.

We still need to find some time to compare headphones man. You can also try out the Beyer leather pads I have.

Mar 28, 2014 at 11:27 AM Post #1,659 of 4,129
Yeah, we have to meet up sometime soon. I'm sorry I've been a no show over the last couple of months. I've been that busy, my apologies Nathan.

Mar 28, 2014 at 3:44 PM Post #1,662 of 4,129
  Hey Iain, it's not the DP32 that you were looking for, but I randomly stumbled upon this on kijiji: http://www.kijiji.ca/v-pro-audio-recording/winnipeg/tascam-fw-1082-audio-midi-interface-moving-faders-controller/570038438?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Thanks Nathan.  I'm hoping to get a standalone recorder, rather than an audio/midi interface (already have one of those).  If I can get my desktop PC working (new mobo needed), I won't need the recorder, but I do prefer recording without the computer, and using the computer simply for editing.

Apr 5, 2014 at 12:13 PM Post #1,664 of 4,129
I usually pack things into their original boxes. Or just some regular cardboard boxes or rubber bins and towels. I've seen some of the guys use luggage as well.

Apr 5, 2014 at 3:43 PM Post #1,665 of 4,129
I use a rolling luggage bag with stuff in bubble wrap inside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back