Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing)
Jul 19, 2010 at 1:16 AM Post #151 of 4,122
^That's too bad about your schedule. Things are still way up in the air though, so we'll see what happens.

I might be getting a bottlehead crack amp soon. Assuming life doesn't distract me in any major way (I'm looking at you thesis), I'll see if I manage to build it before the next meet.

Jul 20, 2010 at 5:54 PM Post #153 of 4,122
I don't know if I am able to post here but:

My Dad is trying to clear out his CD and LP collection, it consists of primarily Classical, and I'll be honest it is quite an extensive collection.  On regards to the LPs majority have been collected during the 70s, some recordings are even older, they're all in mint condition, actually stunning condition as they've been put away for over 30 years.  If anyone is interested please pm me for details.

Jul 21, 2010 at 6:23 PM Post #157 of 4,122
Anything swing, for obvious reasons.

I wonder if any of those records may have been my dad's as well.

Jul 22, 2010 at 11:14 AM Post #160 of 4,122

Quote:
interested in the winnipeg meet

Cool. Just subscribe to the thread and we'll see how things develop. It is currently very tentatively planned for Sunday Sept 5, though it's really more a placeholder at this point than anything.

Jul 22, 2010 at 9:54 PM Post #163 of 4,122
Haha, very true, but I intend on selling my HF2 and keep the vixen v3, then buy a nice basic, amp/dac setup that I can build on too, eyeing this audio-gd compass in AUS, or maybe the Audinst entry lvl amp/dac, though I want the compass, maybe I'll look into the sparrow, but it's not as flexible as the compass.  Haha, I also promised my Dad to take a look at his old LP player and see what is needed to connect to our receiver, hopefully just RCA cables.

Jul 22, 2010 at 10:57 PM Post #164 of 4,122

Quote:
Haha, very true, but I intend on selling my HF2 and keep the vixen v3, then buy a nice basic, amp/dac setup that I can build on too, eyeing this audio-gd compass in AUS, or maybe the Audinst entry lvl amp/dac, though I want the compass, maybe I'll look into the sparrow, but it's not as flexible as the compass.  Haha, I also promised my Dad to take a look at his old LP player and see what is needed to connect to our receiver, hopefully just RCA cables.

WHY would you sell your HF-2s!!! They are an awesome headphone! You'll regret it down the road...

Jul 22, 2010 at 11:48 PM Post #165 of 4,122

Quote:
WHY would you sell your HF-2s!!! They are an awesome headphone! You'll regret it down the road...

Haha, because having 2 HF2 is a bit too much.  I actually bought a used HF2 Vixen V3 (modded by Larry of Headphile) off the forum for an incredible price.  I'll do some A/B comparison but most likely the unmodded HF2 will have to be sold.  I don't think I can have two HF2 in my life :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back