1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Wine-fi

Discussion in 'Gear-Fi: Non-Audio Gear and Gadgets' started by nkk, Dec 4, 2009.
First

Back
  1. nkk
    21 in the US. 18 or 19 in Canada depending on the state. Europe ranges from none to 5 to 16, with up to 18. Also, they many countries have different ages to be served in a pub/bar versus drinking in private versus purchasing a bottle.

Why do you ask?

-Nkk

PS: Still looking for that article.

EDIT: Found. He was a wine taster/writer/whatever, not a vineyard owner. Here it is:

http://www.forbes.com/2009/10/29/win...?feed=rss_news

2. the wizard of oz
    In whites, Burgundy Chassagne-Montrachet or Puligny-Montrachet 2008 are proving to be delicious... So were the Alsace 2008 Gewürztraminer a couple of years ago, so I guess that was to be expected... Ah, also look out for 2009 Bordeaux Graves; the reds are more common, but certain whites are really amazing.

Reds, I haven't gone beyond the Bordeaux Saint-Émilion Grand Cru 2009 so far, although I have some Gevrey-Chambertin that will probably make me become a complete lover of Burgundy, not only for whites.

3. jodgey4
    I've got family in Napa/Sonoma that does some nice Cabernet. Best I've had was a Deep Red from Austria... 2007 maybe?

4. the wizard of oz
    Tasted yesterday some Coteaux du Languedoc 1996, Domaine Peyre Rose, Clos Syrah Leone. Amazing.

First

Back