Windows phone vs Android, which is louder? And other things...
Jun 8, 2015 at 5:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

BruceBanner

1000+ Head-Fier
Just as the title suggests, I'm curious to know if anyone owns a Lumia and Android device and can comment on the output of both handsets.
I have always found Android to be too low, I have had to root a handset, edit the mixer_path file and lift the volume constraint values to get the full volume I need. This rooting process is a pain, and I tend to have odd phones that arn't easily well supported for rooting (like my current Galaxy K Zoom).
I was thinking about trying a Lumia 1020, and whilst it might be a step back in terms of camera, if it outputs better volume, and there are some decent music playing apps (one that does tagged lyrics and rating songs features), then I might jump ship.

Can anyone comment?

Cheers,

Bruce

Jun 9, 2015 at 5:43 AM Post #2 of 5
  Just as the title suggests, I'm curious to know if anyone owns a Lumia and Android device and can comment on the output of both handsets.
I have always found Android to be too low, I have had to root a handset, edit the mixer_path file and lift the volume constraint values to get the full volume I need. This rooting process is a pain, and I tend to have odd phones that arn't easily well supported for rooting (like my current Galaxy K Zoom).
I was thinking about trying a Lumia 1020, and whilst it might be a step back in terms of camera, if it outputs better volume, and there are some decent music playing apps (one that does tagged lyrics and rating songs features), then I might jump ship.

Can anyone comment?

Cheers,

Bruce

Why wouldn't you just get the OS/harware you like and get a portable amp? They are pretty cheap if you get the right one, Fiio E12 is around $110 new from a 3rd party seller on Amazon. You can get the E11 much cheaper there too.

Jun 9, 2015 at 5:59 AM Post #3 of 5
Try iphone 5 too, has good enough camera imo (with vsco). Windows phone is just garbage, friend has a broken 1020 that crashes by itself 2-3 times per day. I have a Lumia 520 and it has a ****ty hp output.

Jun 9, 2015 at 7:28 AM Post #4 of 5
  Why wouldn't you just get the OS/harware you like and get a portable amp? They are pretty cheap if you get the right one, Fiio E12 is around $110 new from a 3rd party seller on Amazon. You can get the E11 much cheaper there too.

Yeh i'm thinking along those lines, in fact probably the Cozoy even.

Try iphone 5 too, has good enough camera imo (with vsco). Windows phone is just garbage, friend has a broken 1020 that crashes by itself 2-3 times per day. I have a Lumia 520 and it has a ****ty hp output.

iphone 6 has a nice camera, actually very competitive in some regards to the K Zoom and 1020, but not the iphone 5.

I did have a 1020 for a few days, never crashed once, I guess your friend really did have a broken one. Interesting to hear the 520 has terrible hp output.

I'll post in XDA, see if it gets picked up there. Basically I'm after some specs of handsets sound quality across the board, comparing OS (such as apple, android and windows).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back