Windows and Foobar Settings Question ?
Mar 27, 2013 at 4:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Flisker

500+ Head-Fier
Hi, guys

I'am thinking already few weeks if settings I'am using are best/optimal :)

Here it is :

Is it ok ? Or should I change something ? 
confused_face_2.gif
 Is 96000Hz ok or should I set it less when I listen to lower quality or DAC can switch depending on quality played ? Tbh I have no idea how this works 
biggrin.gif

Thanks for opinions/tips.

Mar 27, 2013 at 6:00 PM Post #2 of 7
Either set the sample rate to match the sample rate of the majority of your tracks (most likely 44.1 kHz) so that there is a minimal amount of resampling
and/or use the sox resampler component for foobar2000 to resample everything to 96 kHz (or 44.1 kHz in the first case).

If you don't want to resample at all and want fb2k to have exclusive access use the WASAPI or ASIO components.

Mar 27, 2013 at 6:32 PM Post #3 of 7
Looks like the screenshot says exclusive-mode WASAPI is being used, so no sample rate conversion.  The sample rate of the track will be used for playback, whatever it is.  The selection in Windows is for what to use when mixing together audio from multiple applications and sources, unless I've misunderstood something somewhere down the line.

Mar 27, 2013 at 6:59 PM Post #4 of 7
Oh you're right. I didn't look close enough and assumed he's using DS when I saw the properties window on the right side.

My point of setting the sample rate to that of the content still stands though, just not for foobar2000, but for example for video players or browser playing videos through flash player.

Mar 28, 2013 at 4:57 AM Post #5 of 7
So if I get it right, it doesn't matter what am I using in Speaker Properties. When WASAPI is used it will just automatically pick right sample rate ?

Also does 24/32bit make any difference from 16bit ? (in output setting) 

Mar 28, 2013 at 7:20 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:
So if I get it right, it doesn't matter what am I using in Speaker Properties. When WASAPI is used it will just automatically pick right sample rate ?

Also does 24/32bit make any difference from 16bit ? (in output setting) 

I am using WASAPI with Foobar2000. There was a problem of somehow choppy playback of 24/192 FLAC files, so I altered settings and changed buffer length to 250ms.
I use 24 bit setting, in case of 16 bit it upsamples, I think so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back