[WinAMP Users] What version(s) of WinAMP do you use?
Nov 30, 2004 at 10:25 PM Post #16 of 24
Quote:

can anyone tell me whether there's a way with Foobar to have it play one album from start to finish, and then stop?!

Create a new playlist with just the album you want to listen to.

Nov 30, 2004 at 10:32 PM Post #17 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by chia-pet
Create a new playlist with just the album you want to listen to.

And that for every single album in my library? I'm sorry, but that's not my idea of "ease of use".

Nov 30, 2004 at 10:35 PM Post #18 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by clemens
And that for every single album in my library? I'm sorry, but that's not my idea of "ease of use".

Actually it's very easy to use, because you can have more than one playlist open at once. You can literally just click your album and drag it up and it will create a new playlist (without closing your old one). Tab over and hit play.
blink.gif

For the record I'm a winamp 2.91 user, but since I've found the MAD plugin for foobar, I've been using it experimentally. Foobar has the edge in terms of ease of use, but I'd always preferred the warmer sound I got out of winamp (probably due to MAD).

Nov 30, 2004 at 10:38 PM Post #19 of 24
I forgot to mention that there's also database functionality and probably other functionality to foobar that will no doubt solve the issues you have. I'm relatively inexperienced with foobar myself, but i've witnessed some of its capabilities and am impressed with its ease of use.

Nov 30, 2004 at 11:37 PM Post #20 of 24
i been using winamp for about 5 years. 5.06 right now on all of the comps

Dec 1, 2004 at 2:01 AM Post #21 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by clemens

Activate the Foobar2000 database (and scan your music folders) and get the Album List component. Then, whenever you want to listen to just an album, go to Components[menu] -> Album List and middle-click on the album you want to play (press the middle button on your mouse, or on scroll-wheel mice press the scroll wheel). If you have the playback order set to Default it will stop at the end of the playlist that is generated with just that album. It's a really nifty features, but you have to have all your files tagged properly.

EDIT: Also, the foo_shuffle component has a mode where it shuffles whole albums, not just individual songs (like the built-in Random play-mode does).

Dec 1, 2004 at 2:07 AM Post #22 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by chia-pet
Actually it's very easy to use, because you can have more than one playlist open at once. You can literally just click your album and drag it up and it will create a new playlist (without closing your old one). Tab over and hit play.
blink.gif

For the record I'm a winamp 2.91 user, but since I've found the MAD plugin for foobar, I've been using it experimentally. Foobar has the edge in terms of ease of use, but I'd always preferred the warmer sound I got out of winamp (probably due to MAD).

I remember using MAD back in the 2.x days and I really liked it. Is it compatible with the 5.x releases?

Dec 1, 2004 at 3:47 AM Post #23 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Imyourzero
I remember using MAD back in the 2.x days and I really liked it. Is it compatible with the 5.x releases?

I use MAD plug-in 0.14.2b and it works fine with 5.05

I have WinAMP versions: 2.91, 5rc8, and 5.05 on my computer, although I use 5.05 exclusively now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back