winamp style playlist plugin for foobar?
Jun 6, 2005 at 9:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Naga

500+ Head-Fier
i like the striped down anti-"bloatware" feel of fb2k - i just really miss the playlist feature of winamp, is there anything for foobar that can emulate this function?

Jun 6, 2005 at 10:48 PM Post #2 of 8
Uhh, the default behaviour of Foobar is a simple playlist view. I'm not quite sure what you're asking for, exactly.

Jun 6, 2005 at 11:07 PM Post #4 of 8
use the album list and the database

Jun 6, 2005 at 11:10 PM Post #5 of 8
I'd like to help but I'm no foobar expert. I use the

Components -> Album list

to cue up the session's listening menu. Use "add to" to add an album to the main play list, or "send to" to replace the main list with the albums you have selected.

Check out Zemo's setup guide

and check out custom gui config options HERE

-Dan

Jun 8, 2005 at 11:07 AM Post #6 of 8
The thing that I would like is the option to read id3 tags on play or on view, rather than only on load, as it takes so long to load a bunch of albums into foobar compared to winamp (drag 10 albums into winamp, and then try the same with foobar).

Jun 8, 2005 at 11:44 AM Post #7 of 8
If you have the database turned on, it'll load the tag info once. After that it just uses the info in the database, which is loaded more or less instantly when you start foobar.

Jun 8, 2005 at 12:58 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Helter Skelter
If you have the database turned on, it'll load the tag info once. After that it just uses the info in the database, which is loaded more or less instantly when you start foobar.

Yep, I do use that for all of my tagged and formatted music files. However, if I want to play an album that I have just downloaded, or one from my folder where I haven't yet got around to formatting the tags, I usually just highlight the files and hit enter. With foobar you have to wait while it reads that tags, but with winamp it plays instantly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back