Winamp skipping on MPC files
Jun 21, 2002 at 3:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

wallstreet

100+ Head-Fier
I'm having problems with Winamp skipping on MPC files sometimes (two to three times per cd on average). I just upgraded to winamp 2.80 and just recently started using MPC files, so I don't know if its the new version of Winamp.
I know that power isn't an issue as I have an XP 1700+, with 256mb of PC2100 RAM, and running Windows XP. The songs will skip if I'm just webrowsing or doing nothing at all. I know that 2-3 minor skips per cd is very little, but it very annoying and shouldn't be skipping at all. I would much appreciate it someone would be able to enlighten me.

I'm using EAC V.09 to ripp, using the external encoder "mppdec 1.04" ... and have followed all the guidelines in the Aqua "how-to ripp CDs to MPC with EAC" (even have external ASAPI interface installed). Here is my command line options in EAC:
--stderr mpcenc.log %l--standard --ltq fil%l%h--xtreme%h %s %d --tags2 "Artist=%a" "Title=%t" "Album=%g" "Year=%y" "Track=%n" "Genre=%m"

If I can't get this figured out, I'm going to have to re-ripp again to some other audio format ... probably .ogg as I don't have room to rip anything but my favorite CDs to Monkey's. Thanks for any help.

Jun 21, 2002 at 10:06 AM Post #2 of 6
Hi!
It's most unlikely MPC that introduces these skips.
Sounds more like EAC is ripping @ --burst or Secure with AudioCache enabled (read unchecked) but drive does cache &/or C2 enabled (although drive does not support it).
Check you settings & report back.

Cheers,
David

Jun 21, 2002 at 5:28 PM Post #3 of 6
I have been using a HP CD-Writer+ 9100 to rip the cds. It is in fact ripping in secure mode but "drive caches audio data", and "C2 error checks" are both dissabled.

I am not sure if it is EAC myself, because the CDs don't skip on a certain track or place on the track ... they just do it Random (I can back up to the spot where it skipped in winamp and it won't skip again). Anyway, thanks for you help.

Jun 21, 2002 at 8:25 PM Post #5 of 6
Ok, I just did a test in Winamp 2.80 playing ~30 mp3/ogg songs. It did in fact skip 2-3 times so I am inclinded to think that the problem with Winamp.

Has anyone here had problems with Winamp 2.80? The only extra pluggins that I am using is the MPC/MP+ plugin, and the MAC (Monkey's Audio) plugin.

Jul 7, 2002 at 6:35 AM Post #6 of 6
It's probably Winamp's new crossfading output plugin. I had similar problems playing MP3s out of my Audigy, skipping randomly like twice per MP3. Try selecting "wave out" instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back