Winamp is um.. terrible?
Oct 26, 2002 at 1:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

Pepsione1

1000+ Head-Fier
Not sure if this should belong here, but it is about source after all.

Has anyone tried a little program called UltraPlayer? It just a mp3 decoder/player like winamp but with a much better decoder. I've used this player about 1 1/2 years ago and I almost forgot about it and i have been using winamp for the last year or so.

I suddenly remember this program today and started using again. WOW what a difference
biggrin.gif
. It goes to show how pathetic the default winamp decoder really is.

Why don't you guys download this and tell me what you think of it?

Oh yeah, this player features an alarm function which you can set the amount of time before the player gradually decrease its volume and finally stop and it can do the same for waking you up.
wink.gif
I find this a very useful function and it was that function that reminded of the it today.

Oct 26, 2002 at 2:53 AM Post #3 of 31
I prefer coolplayer too.

Oct 27, 2002 at 3:16 AM Post #9 of 31
I use winamp because it has the option of many plugins so it's flexible. Sound quality wise, the SSRC waveout plugin is nice for upsampling, mp3 decoding w/ MAD plugin is good. I've never had issues of stuttering sound on my system.

I can understand if you're having issues with it, you'll just use whatever works fine for you. Maybe for many people Winamp works fine.

Oct 27, 2002 at 5:29 AM Post #14 of 31
Quote:

Originally posted by andrzejpw
Personally, I use winamp 2.80. I won't touch 3.0 with a 10 foot pole.

I have 2.76 still, lol. I tried 2.80 and hated it.

Oct 27, 2002 at 6:29 AM Post #15 of 31
Quote:

Originally posted by lan
I use winamp because it has the option of many plugins so it's flexible. Sound quality wise, the SSRC waveout plugin is nice for upsampling, mp3 decoding w/ MAD plugin is good. I've never had issues of stuttering sound on my system.

I can understand if you're having issues with it, you'll just use whatever works fine for you. Maybe for many people Winamp works fine.

i totally agree. winamp has the best user interface of any audio player i have ever used and that's why i've been using it for four years. i also use their alternate plugins and right now i'm listening to mp3s at 96khz through an external dac via the ssrc upsampling plugin.

stuttering sound is the sign (to me at least) of a poorly setup computer. i never have any problems at all. my entire system dies before winamp quits playing heh. anyway, just my feelings.

i use version 2.81 now. 3 just sucks ass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back