Winamp/AV-710 Guide?
Jun 10, 2005 at 1:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

perdomot

100+ Head-Fier
I wanted to find out if anyone has seen a guide for using Winamp to get the most out of this card. Seems like all the guides I've seen only use Foobar. Thanks.

Jun 11, 2005 at 8:12 AM Post #3 of 13
It will be the same, but just use winamp. Use the shibatch input plugin (making sure to disable mp1,2,3 in the nullsoft plugin) and use the asio output plugin. If ASIO isn't supported then use ASIO4all.

Jun 21, 2005 at 6:10 AM Post #4 of 13
Where does one get this shibatch plugin and ASIO?

Jun 21, 2005 at 7:29 AM Post #5 of 13
Never mind, i found them...now what are good settings for
Shibatch and ASIO?

Jun 21, 2005 at 11:48 AM Post #6 of 13
First off disable mpg1,2,3 in the nullsoft mpeg decoder. Then enable the Shibath plugin and set it to 24-bit decoding. You can also set it to ignore empty frames at the beginning of the file (to make it gapless). On the replaygain tab set it to album mode, and for files without gain info use about -6dB, and enable clipping limiter. For ASIO enable gapless mode. You may also want to use mp3infp (search google) to display tags in winamp.

Jun 21, 2005 at 7:16 PM Post #7 of 13
cool, thanx

Hmm,in the Nullsoft Mpeg to disable 1,2,3 you just remove the file associations near the bottom? leaving that box blank? Im curious if this worked because ID3 tags are still being displayed without the use of "mp3infp"

[edit double post, sorry]

Jun 21, 2005 at 7:18 PM Post #8 of 13
Cool, the last tab, with "%1 - %2" added you can get song titles with out that info file

turns out it is working, i removed the %1 - %2 and there are no titles...sorry for all the unnessesarry post, and thank you for helping me.

Jun 23, 2005 at 9:34 AM Post #9 of 13
To double-check that it is working try and view the tag info using alt-3, which should bring up a standard windows property box rather than the winamp id3 info box.

Jun 23, 2005 at 10:16 AM Post #10 of 13
You may want to look into the MAD plugin for winamp. That was my mp3 decoder of choice while using winamp, but since i've switched to foobar2k i just use the mpglib decoder that comes with it. They made MAD for foobar, but somehow it didn't sound as good to me.

Jun 24, 2005 at 11:42 AM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by chia-pet
You may want to look into the MAD plugin for winamp. That was my mp3 decoder of choice while using winamp, but since i've switched to foobar2k i just use the mpglib decoder that comes with it. They made MAD for foobar, but somehow it didn't sound as good to me.

Umm, do you realise the foobar mpglib decoder is the same as the Shibatch decoder - they are both based on mpg123. Telling him to use MAD and then saying it doesn't sound as good kind of defeats the point don't you think?

Jun 26, 2005 at 9:27 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by JWFokker
If they're based off MPG123, then they're inferior to MAD.

From everything I have read, Shibatch and mpglib are both better than MAD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back