WIN A FIDUE SIRIUS / SILVERFI IEM-X / TOXIC SILVER WIDOW - Prediction thread for flinkenick's 2017 iem flagship shootout
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 5, 2017 at 8:25 PM Post #47 of 232
  a small update on the voting results , as 7 more people voted - still not any major changes from yesterday 

zeus seems to be the favorite to win , is a18 that good ? has anyone listened to it ?

Zeus is sort of a cheat entry since it has two signatures, fun and reference. For me the flexibility is taken into account for the rankings. Nic has gone on record preferring the XIV mid-centric signature, but as a reviewer, the flat R signature is there as well. So, the Zeus can really do no wrong and remains a clear choice.

A lotta people put the A18 up as well. Driver game perhaps. The only IEM of legal age haha.

Feb 5, 2017 at 8:29 PM Post #48 of 232
Zeus is sort of a cheat entry since it has two signatures, fun and reference. For me the flexibility is taken into account for the rankings. Nic has gone on record preferring the XIV mid-centric signature, but as a reviewer, the flat R signature is there as well. So, the Zeus can really do no wrong and remains a clear choice.

A lotta people put the A18 up as well. Driver game perhaps. The only IEM of legal age haha.

I was at CanJam today and the Zeus was by far my least favorite. I need to redo my entry.

A18 however is absolutely insanely good. Tia Forte is even better. Truly next level.

Feb 5, 2017 at 8:39 PM Post #51 of 232
I was at CanJam today and the Zeus was by far my least favorite. I need to redo my entry.

A18 however is absolutely insanely good. Tia Forte is even better. Truly next level.

Lol. I'm trying to alter my entry to be all-inclusive. Asian/European/American, and of course multi-BA/hybrid/DD.

What did you not like about the Zeus? Just curious. My pal at Canjam says it's good, but of a typical multi-BA sound.

EDIT: perhaps we should take this to Nic's main thread. TOTL comparisons are always welcome there.

Feb 5, 2017 at 8:42 PM Post #52 of 232
Lol. I'm trying to alter my entry to be all-inclusive. Asian/European/American, and of course multi-BA/hybrid/DD.

What did you not like about the Zeus? Just curious. My pal at Canjam says it's good, but of a typical multi-BA sound.

it sounds like a poorly amped HD800. Not my signature. Too cold and revealing and no bass. Andromeda is superior if you want treble detail and air. It even has more bass!

Feb 5, 2017 at 8:59 PM Post #54 of 232
it sounds like a poorly amped HD800. Not my signature. Too cold and revealing and no bass. Andromeda is superior if you want treble detail and air. It even has more bass!

Let's go change our rankings. :p

Feb 6, 2017 at 1:24 AM Post #57 of 232

I agree. The Zeus-XR has the technicalities down to a T but unfortunately lacks emotion or weight to be enjoyable for me. The lack of bass is also a killer, though understand that I'm pretty big on bass so YMMV.

Feb 6, 2017 at 2:45 AM Post #58 of 232

Let's go change our rankings. :p

let me know if you alter your initial predictions , so i can edit the all-mighty voting table 
tongue.gif

i will also need to know what changes you made , otherwise i will leave your initial impressions (i am no psychic to remember what you picked in the first place)

Feb 6, 2017 at 3:07 AM Post #60 of 232
Quote:

let me know if you alter your initial predictions , so i can edit the all-mighty voting table 
tongue.gif

i will also need to know what changes you made , otherwise i will leave your initial impressions (i am no psychic to remember what you picked in the first place)

all hail the mighty table. our lord that keeps appearing every now and then, lurking in the shadow below.
mine is 99% certain, i'll let you know if changed.

@pfurey89 should i change the zeus with else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back