Will this garbage Senn HD555 give bass like a Grado after it gets burn in?
Nov 12, 2008 at 4:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 104

john5220

Banned
I think I wasted my money on these garbage HD555.

This crap is lacking in bass and I heard many people say once its burned in it will sound better with richer more defined and tighter bass.

How true is this?

I hear the HD555 is such garbage that even a Grado SR60 has better bass?

Nov 12, 2008 at 4:35 PM Post #2 of 104
Don't let Nocturnal hear you call the 555s garbage.
biggrin.gif

I liked the ones I used, but I agree bass wasn't its strong suit. Plus, I used them for video gaming, which is what I feel $100-$200 Senns are best for.
smily_headphones1.gif
What kind of amp/source are you using?

Nov 12, 2008 at 4:38 PM Post #3 of 104
First of all I don't know why you have to bad mouth the 555's calling them garbage. They are not designed to be like Grado's. As with all cans it will take time to burn in and smooth out but the 555's won't deliver that Grado sound, they are designed for a smoother more detailed experience.

Nov 12, 2008 at 4:39 PM Post #4 of 104
Didn't tried any grados but I've had 555 and 595 and their are among worst headphones that I've heard. Bass is lacking and seriously distorting at higher volumes even after burn in. The only thing that these have is relatively good soundstage but SQ overall is depressing for both.

Nov 12, 2008 at 4:56 PM Post #6 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkswordsman17 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wait, I thought it was the garbage Asus Xonar sound card that didn't have bass?

I think you should try to nab a pair of DT770 Pros. They should have the bass you're looking for.

Agreed. I've got that DT770 Pro bass thumping in my ear right now as I type....

If bass is what you're looking for, use the DT770 Pros with an amp, and you'll be happy.

Nov 12, 2008 at 5:59 PM Post #7 of 104
Yeah I was to hardheaded I should of taken you guys advice. But nooooo stupid me had to buy a fancy looking Sennheiser.

Now sound quality is rubbish well the bass is.

Sennheiser should be ashamed for making such garbage and calling themselves a music company.

Nov 12, 2008 at 6:05 PM Post #8 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by john5220 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah I was to hardheaded I should of taken you guys advice. But nooooo stupid me had to buy a fancy looking Sennheiser.

Now sound quality is rubbish well the bass is.

Sennheiser should be ashamed for making such garbage and calling themselves a music company.

Have you even bothered to burn them in? Do more research next time and stop acting like a child.

Nov 12, 2008 at 6:09 PM Post #9 of 104
The HD555 is known for its mid-bass hump (which I found fun with rock), but it is not known for its bass. And it does sound better after burn it and when driven well. IMO it should retail for about $80, which would be a good deal IF the buyer has a reasonable idea of what to expect from them. I now actually enjoy my modded JBL 410 Reference more than I did my HD555.

Nov 12, 2008 at 6:19 PM Post #10 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by wonderwall /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you even bothered to burn them in? Do more research next time and stop acting like a child.

x2 I didn't want to say it.

Nov 12, 2008 at 6:21 PM Post #11 of 104
I'm not a big fan of Sennheiser, but what a ridiculous thread.

frown.gif

Nov 12, 2008 at 7:47 PM Post #12 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by moogoob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't let Nocturnal hear you call the 555s garbage.
biggrin.gif

I liked the ones I used, but I agree bass wasn't its strong suit. Plus, I used them for video gaming, which is what I feel $100-$200 Senns are best for.
smily_headphones1.gif
What kind of amp/source are you using?

How dare u call my HD555 garbage..
biggrin.gif
lol

well ...honestly..
I agree HD555 sound unimpressive when not burned in.

but the OP simply is overreacting.

Nov 12, 2008 at 8:11 PM Post #15 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by john5220 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think I wasted my money on these garbage HD555.

This crap is lacking in bass and I heard many people say once its burned in it will sound better with richer more defined and tighter bass.

How true is this?

I hear the HD555 is such garbage that even a Grado SR60 has better bass?

Can't stand the eloquence...
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back