Will the Fiio E7 work with the E09K?
Nov 17, 2012 at 2:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

mcsewnab

New Head-Fier
Hey all,

So the documentation and the early reviews say that the E09K only works with the E17. The later reviews I see say that the most recently produced E09K will work with the E7 although all the reviewers are using the E17. It sounds like Fiio may have fixed whatever issue prevented the E7 from originally working so I wanted to see if anyone has used them together successfully.

I currently have an E7 and looking to buy an E9. I would consider the original E9 but I would like to stay with a current model if it will work.

Nov 24, 2012 at 5:10 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:
Hey all,

So the documentation and the early reviews say that the E09K only works with the E17. The later reviews I see say that the most recently produced E09K will work with the E7 although all the reviewers are using the E17. It sounds like Fiio may have fixed whatever issue prevented the E7 from originally working so I wanted to see if anyone has used them together successfully.

I currently have an E7 and looking to buy an E9. I would consider the original E9 but I would like to stay with a current model if it will work.

Yes you are right, I've talked to Fiio just recently about it and they told me they've fixed the E7 incompability on the E09k as soon as they became aware of this issue. 

Jun 5, 2014 at 7:06 PM Post #4 of 4
I just got the E09k in the door from B&H Photo/Video, using it with the E7 (and Grado sr-125). It's the version with the authenticity sticker, so should work with the E7 according to FiiO, but does have a slight noise plus a kind of repeating tick, like somebody playing a snare drum in the room next door.

Can't make up my mind whether to return it or not as it's really well priced, not something I can hear while playing much and it's otherwise a really sweet little amp..

[Hmm, I found out that the ticking noise is associated with the battery indicator on the display when charging, switched USB charging off and the noise went away :) ]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back