will the ETY ER-6's be loud enough when driven by a pcdp?
Aug 6, 2002 at 6:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ultraviolet353

Head-Fier
I have been scouring this board the past couple of days, and came very close to purchasing the ETY ER-6's. Then I read on this board that they are not driven easily from a pcdp. This confused me because I thought that's what the were made for. Anyway, my question is if they will be loud enough? I do not need to go deaf but I do like a good amount of volume. I have an old pcdp made by Philips and purchased at Target as part of the Michael Graves Collection. There is no model number, but the earbuds that came with the player are driven nicely, and I am able to get the deisred volume I need. So basically, I am asking if these will give me the volume I need. Thanks to all for all your help. This is a very friendly board.

Aug 6, 2002 at 3:41 PM Post #2 of 5
HI: If you would consider getting a portable amp then most of your portable stuff will work fine and somewhere down the road you will probaly get one anyway.

Aug 7, 2002 at 1:14 AM Post #4 of 5
First of all, the answer to your question is yes. Secondly, you asked the wrong question. Your question should add "with good sound quality." Being hard to drive doesn't mean that you can't achieve a good enough volume. It means that it's harder to get the desired volume without DISTORTION. You can drive the HD600 or HD580s from a PDCP if you'd like, with good enough volume, just not at a good quality. But, since the ER-6s don't have high impedance to begin with. Yes, they will be driven fine from PDCP without an amp and still sound decent.

Aug 7, 2002 at 5:22 AM Post #5 of 5
I just bought a pair of Sony EX-70's and I actually like them a lot which is starting to make me think I should get the ER-6's since they are supposed to be 100 times better. I started with the EX-70's to see what a canalphone sounde like; great isolation; they sound good through my pcdp reall good through my stereo. So I guess if I will get the same thing with the ER-6's with much,much better sound quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back