Will the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro's get better sounding as they burn in?
Dec 5, 2021 at 8:01 PM Post #31 of 34
ok, but don't you think that's a problem, why should I have to "do all these things" to "fix" the headphones, they should just be good out of the box like all the others I've bought. The sibilant issue is not easily fixed with EQ, it just hides it a bit. I'm going to give it a week and see if it clears up. Thanks for the replies.

Dec 5, 2021 at 8:15 PM Post #32 of 34
ok, but don't you think that's a problem, why should I have to "do all these things" to "fix" the headphones, they should just be good out of the box like all the others I've bought. The sibilant issue is not easily fixed with EQ, it just hides it a bit. I'm going to give it a week and see if it clears up. Thanks for the replies.
That's life, one size unfortunately doesn't fit all. There's folks who hate in the gear you love. Is that a problem? Nope. Some like Rock, some like Country. Whatever scratches your balls.

Dec 7, 2021 at 6:02 AM Post #33 of 34
Hey guys just got the 80 ohm version, I have never had professional-level sound before so i think they sound great. One thing I'm wondering about, however, is the sibilance. It seems kinda harsh, like it needs to loosen up on those high range noises. Will they get better sounding over time?
If treble is too much, just test it by putting one or two plies of toilet paper inside the ear cup and hear how it sounds. If it's good, then cut them a little big and put them on the driver under the foam to hold it tight with the locking ring. There's an article called "taming the treble" that explains it in detail. I do it on most of my Beyerdynamics and it can take the edge off the peak without equalizing. Two plys should be good for the 80ohm version.

Dec 7, 2021 at 8:39 AM Post #34 of 34
Hello I have the 250 ohms and for whatever reasons I don't have sibilance and harsh peak, while at 60-70hz and above, its actually quite good with treble performance. My recommendation is to burn in and keep using the Dt 770 pro as your daily driver. Once the driver is virgrously work back and forth with the coil whine, treble will be tame. Now I modded to balance so I wonder whether it help. Anyway hope it helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back